• Yerfdog front brake kit questions/steering rack questions

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Have a technical problem? Ask here.
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #13648  by Mrmonk7663
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 am
Looking into the BDX front brake kit...and the entire BDX front end. Will the kit work with 8” OR 10” wheels? Any particular offset needed?

If I have the steering rack modified what is the tallest/widest tire I can run without having frame contact?

I am planning on a 20x7-10 front and a 22x10x10 rear. 8” is a possibility in rear but I ride in fields and roads so I imagine the stiffer sidewall the 10” would give would be better for my application (please educate me if I’m wrong)

Thanks! I look forward to yalls advice.
 #13653  by Mrmonk7663
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:20 pm
Sounds big and nice. Thank you. I think I’ll go 20x7x10 on the front. This should assure that I have no frame contact stock or modified rack. Still not sure in the rear, although a 9” wheel might be a good compromise for decent trail and hardback. Should be able to air down a bit more than a 10” wheel.