• Sprocket Split Hub Alignment Kit [Type 6 Conversion Kit Feedback and Install Guidance]

• If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
 #12428  by Mark52
 Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm
Purchased a new 175cc gy6 to replace the gy6 i have had on my trailmaster xrs 150cc. Purchased the external reverse kit as well as the Sprocket Split Hub Alignment Kit+2in. Upon installing the engine and alignment kit the axle sprocket and engine sprocket do not match up to be able to place the chain on correctly. Need help on how to make this work as it was my understanding that it was pretty much a bolt on swap.
 #12430  by TravisXBD
 Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:04 pm
About how much is it off, and in which direction?
 #12437  by Mark52
 Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm
It is off by 2 or more inches to the right. Trying load a picture but it says its to large. Maybe i need to use my desktop to upload one. I bought more washers to add length and longer and stronger bolts. I had it lined up pretty good but after a while the chain comes off and the bolts that i put on are bent. Did it like 3 times already. I dont know maybe longer spacers would work if u all have them.
 #12438  by TravisXBD
 Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 pm
Here's what I came up with for a customer last week with the same situation:

Problem:
It takes half a day just to make one. I need to source 0.25" walled tubing. What I have on hand is a whopping 0.5" thick wall and it takes a ton of passes to lathe through (about $70 just in labor). How soon do you need it? I know you want to ride, and if you need it right away, we'll do what we have to.
Attachments
IMG_5929.jpg
IMG_5916.jpg
IMG_5946.jpg
Type 6 Hub.jpg
 #12470  by Mark52
 Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 pm
What is the price for it?. I saw u said $70 just for the labor. Also, when we ordered the new motor i was told and sold Everthing i needed to make it work. So hopefully we can work something out on the price for this new part. I would like it as soon as i can so i can get my boy up and riding but i also want it done right.
 #12472  by TravisXBD
 Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 pm
Mark52 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 pm
What is the price for it?. I saw u said $70 just for the labor. Also, when we ordered the new motor i was told and sold Everthing i needed to make it work. So hopefully we can work something out on the price for this new part. I would like it as soon as i can so i can get my boy up and riding but i also want it done right.
Free (y) - Your orders are protected under the verification guarantee.

I mentioned the amount of work involved to see if you can work with me on the time frame. I'll be making these myself. Are you Ok aiming for shipment on Wednesday?
 #12509  by TravisXBD
 Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:07 am
Alright guys, it's Wednesday. I'm building your new spacers today. I'll more than likely finish after shipments go out though, they'll be done and ready for shipping tomorrow morning. Thanks again for working with me on this (y)