• BDX lower arms shock mounts

• If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
 #11314  by TripleA
 Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 pm
Hi, I noticed the BDX lower arms for the gx150 have slightly offset mounting tabs.
Are they suppose to be crooked or dead even straight?
They slant to one side which means there should be a Left and Right is they are meant to be sideways like in pics.
IMG_5583.JPG
IMG_5584.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG
IMG_5586.JPG
 #11317  by TravisXBD
 Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm
Hmm.. I've seen a lot of YD original A-Arms with a slant in the shock mount, but ours are supposed to be centered and straight. Would you like us to send a return label? We'll fix them under warranty and shoot them back over to you.

Also, if you want to install and ride them now, I don't think it will cause a problem. The lift kit will also help compensate for misalignment. I'll keep the warranty return offer on the table with no time limit. Just let me know when you want to get it taken care of. (y)
 #11320  by TripleA
 Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am
It seemed like you guys are very up to date with technology. I saw the arm jig and was impressed assuming everything was laser welded. I wasn't impressed when I opened these, the finish is half done meaning the inside isn't finished. Scratches everywhere and to have crooked tabs....I don't know. The welds are inconsistent with splatter all over the finished and coated arm.

I guess I expected top notch parts since you have all the latest equipment. Can you do a quality check on those tabs before sending new ones to assure they are both straight and even?
 #11321  by TravisXBD
 Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm
The shock mount being off center (and I'm seeing some slant in the sides one of the mounts) is definitely a defect and is covered under warranty. We're good, but things slip through occasionally which is exactly what our warranty is for. I don't have a new set of A-Arms to swap out for you right now, so we'll need to handle this as a rework. We'll take care of the shipping costs and all. Also, what I'm seeing in your pics with the weld consistency should be better. Looks like the arm was flipped over after different passes.

You're right, it's not a technology problem or something that is inherent to the process. I think someone was having a bad day, which ultimately is my responsibility.

As far as the tech and equipment goes, yes it's top notch. These are my welds on the same Lincoln 255 welding machine. But this is not what I expect in production.

This (below) is what I expect for consistency at a production pace (also my welds, but from 2014 or so). Consistency of the welds is noticeably less. Also look at the splatter on the insides of the spindles (which we do not remove, reason below).

Now bringing it back to A-Arms, this is what our typical production A-Arms have looked like over the past year, through 2017.

About your other points of concern. I get where you're coming from, but there are a few things to keep in mind...

1. Inside paint: When you say that the insides are unfinished, are you referring to the inside of the pivot tubes? They aren't supposed to be painted inside as that area should be greased like the originals. The bushings are self-lubricated for longer life, but greasing the inside of the tubes/bolt is still recommended.

2. Spatter: Knocking off small weld balls is strictly forbidden in the shop. I've found my guys spending hours of time picking off welds ball on parts. Taking 2 or even 3 times longer than it took to weld it in the first place. The money this sucks out of the sale seriously hurts my ability to keep these items on the shelf. And in the end, the part looks molested by all sorts of wire wheels and flapper discs. Paint can't hide it.

With that said, if there is an unreasonable amount of spatter on a part, it goes back for cleanup. That usually starts a conversation about being attentive to settings on the machine, pacing, and technique. But I'm not seeing excessive spatter in your pics. Looks about what I would expect (except for the large ball on the side), unless I'm missing something in the pics.

I've asked shipping to send you a return label so we can get these back for rework. You should have it in your inbox by now. Just a heads up though, for the quickest response on warranty issues (or normal CS support issues), I'm actually not the best POC. You'll want to call in, or use our "Return/Warranty this item" button on your order. It's a similar return process to Amazon's system. I'm happy to help facilitate personally (and definitely happy to clarify policy and how stuff works behind the scenes), but going through me for the return itself adds an extra layer to the process.
Attachments
20170310_150226.jpg
IMG_3346.JPG
 #11328  by TripleA
 Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 pm
Thanks for your response , I can't see your images posted but it's ok. As far as paint, I wasn't referring to inside of the tubes lol but the outside of the inner areas where it might be harder to coat. I do paint and powder coating so it's something I might notice easier. I did think I was getting pieces welded like yours but that was an assumption I made.

I have not recieved any return label as of today so I'll go through the site in hopes to get one.
 #11330  by TravisXBD
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am
The label was sent to the email address on the order (the Paypal address) on Thursday. Can you check there? Thanks man.

I understand now, I'll take care of the paint as well. Thanks for the heads up.
TripleA wrote:I did think I was getting pieces welded like yours but that was an assumption I made.
Are you able to access the pics now? They tell the full story.
 #11331  by TripleA
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm
I looked but no label, I filed the warranty return via the site so it's on file. I'll look in the junk folder but no email Thursday.

All I see is the word "image" where the pic is suppose to be. Must be the way you uploaded it. No worries......as long as you guys make it right I'll stay loyal. I'm waiting for my ATV wheel upgrade to come in so you can ship it out. Any idea of an ETA?

Also waiting on the Gen 3 spindles to come up as a lightning deal....keep seeing the same deals :twisted:
I see you guys raise the price on those deals the more they come around....few bucks more each time.
 #11332  by TravisXBD
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 pm
TripleA wrote:I looked but no label, I filed the warranty return via the site so it's on file. I'll look in the junk folder but no email Thursday.
Ok no problem, I'll have them cancel the existing one and send a new one to the address on your main account.
I'm waiting for my ATV wheel upgrade to come in so you can ship it out. Any idea of an ETA?
Just checked with shipping, we're expecting the tires or wheels to come in tomorrow, and should be shipping the full kit out tomorrow or Wednesday. (y)
Also waiting on the Gen 3 spindles to come up as a lightning deal....keep seeing the same deals :twisted:
We probably won't have more until spring when riding interest picks back up and stabilizes. After the conversation earlier about availability I went ahead and temporarily disabled items from the deals list that aren't listed in stock with an ETA.
I see you guys raise the price on those deals the more they come around....few bucks more each time.
The price is random from 30% to 50%. Some days it's more, some days less. Higher percentages are coded to be mathematically less frequent, so prices usually hover between 30 to 40. And it's all automatic, as it would take too much time to tweak prices or deals lists manually every day.
 #11333  by TravisXBD
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:53 pm
TripleA wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm
All I see is the word "image" where the pic is suppose to be.
How about now? Found a permissions problem and fixed it (y)
This (below) is what I expect for consistency at a production pace (also my welds, but from 2014 or so). Consistency of the welds is noticeably less. Also look at the splatter on the insides of the spindles (which we do not remove, reason below).

Now bringing it back to A-Arms, this is what our typical production A-Arms have looked like over the past year, through 2017.

#11334  by TripleA
 Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:31 pm
I see them now....those welds look way better lol.

Ugg man, I need those spindles! Please enable and I'll wait for the right price.