• Kart Recommendation for a 13 year old

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10278  by pautlitz4
 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 am
I am looking to buy either a Yerf Dog or an older Hurricane Twister 150cc for my son. Anything I need to watch out for or any recommendations? I want to stay in the $500 range but want to buy something that is reliable.
Thanks for your thoughts.
 #10279  by PGH
 Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 pm
The Yerf-Dog has nicer handling suspension but it is more prone to damage since the front wheels stick out past the frame/nose. I prefer this design since it allows for steeper approaches without digging the nose into the ground or hillside. The Yerf-Dog has more room than the other buggy allowing your son to grow to 6' or more and still fit. The plastic seats are a mixed blessing - They are easy to clean and hard to damage but are not as comfortable as a padded model. The Yerf-Dog has no reverse and only a rear brake. These can be added later but will easily double what you want to pay for a buggy.