• Overhauled BD technical center released! v2.0

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #7634  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:14 am
After spending a few weekends stuck to the keyboard, I've finally managed to finish programming from scratch our all-new completely-overhauled BD Technical Center! You may have noticed that the old Tech system lost all pictures over the last 5 days or so, I hope this didn't cause any problems for anyone. The loss of pictures was because of some of the new upgrades being applied.

This is a complete overhaul of the Tech Center software wrapped around the old articles database. The old system has been scrapped and re-built line by line from the ground up. We're sure you'll like the new updates!

You'll first notice that the overall look and feel is much more refined and pleasing to the eye than the old system. After further inspection you will see that our articles are now categorized, and you can even browse articles based on the model of your buggy! This is great to get information that directly applies to your model of buggy without sifting through everything. This will help as we expand our number of articles!

An awesome new feature is file and picture download gallery for each article. This will greatly improve the quality of each article as we add new pictures and documentation to our existing database. Here is an example of our attachment system at work!. This will soon turn into a thumbnail-viewer for pictures, but I'm not quite ready to include that feature at this time.

You can now post comments at the bottom of articles and even rate the quality of the article too! Give it a try and let us know what you think!

The back-end of the articles system is also greatly improved, which will make article updates and new postings a breeze. In fact, our old system was completely broken for the last year or so, leaving us with limited ability to update or add new articles. All fixed now!

Enjoy!