• Jason Beeler Google Review

• Misunderstandings happen. This section is for issues that have been resolved, but not re-rated.
Misunderstandings happen. This section is for issues that have been resolved, but not re-rated.
 #12645  by Aggregate Reviews
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm
Where to start.. Placed an order for the GY6 AC ignition tune up kit and a 6 pole stator on 8/1/18 all showing in stock and guaranteed fitment. Received the ignition tune up 8/6/18 but still not tracking for the 6 pole stator. Called 8/6/18 to inquire about the stator because my customer was really looking forward to having his new buggy back. was told that even though the stator was shown in stock that they didn't have it. They took my payment and would have never informed me of this if I didn't call them. I express my dissatisfaction and they "upgrade" me to an 8 pole stator. I receive the 8 pole stator and the part doesn't even come close to fitting. I call to explain the situation and express if they couldn't send the original stator they should have at least sent a stator that fit or the corresponding flywheel that wend to it. Was basically told that it's too bad and I can either return the stator or purchase a flywheel. I am now out $175 for this job and I can forget any future work from my customer due to the negligence and complete lack of responsibility of these people. I was offered to return the item to them at which time I would receive a refund but given the history with this company and the inconsistencies of their storied I feel I'll return the part and I'll never hear from them in regards to this again. I was told by "Ashley" that the owner "Travis" stated that the "upgraded" stator was not the right move just to have Travis turn around and tell me that it was, this whole time they're telling me the 6 pole stator is out of stock it is still showing in stock on their website, was told that the 8 pole stator was a fit just to turn around and tell me that things can change, they even have some of their technical data incorrect on their site. I would highly recommend using a different company that actually practices customer service and can take responsibility for a mistake. Seeing these other 1 star reviews lets me know that it's an ongoing problem, I'm just curious as to what kind of bs response they come back with.
 #12646  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm
A quick note about where this situation ran off the rails: Don't be abusive. No excuses.

You're entitled to being frustrated over mistakes, and you're entitled to (at the very minimum) a reasonable solution and additional compensation to make things right. But you're not entitled to intimidate reps to get what you want.

I don't care if it's over $30 or $30,000. Be a decent person. You may think raising hell will get things moving, but that doesn't work here. You'll just end up leaving more angry than you came.

I'll write a proper response later.
 #12647  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Jason,

I’ve been here long to know you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Travis is reasonable, but only if you are. Don’t let the frustrations get in the way of a solution.

I work on a lot more than buggies-this is not rare that parts come wrong occasionally, and very often in this chinaware market. I deal with this type of thing often in my line of work. I would tell my mechanic not to accept personal ownership of a clients vehicle. It is ultimately their problem to bare, parts are going to be very very hit a miss as an expected issue of ownership. You buy a BMW-you know parts aren’t local and aren’t cheap. You buy Chinese buggies-parts aren’t local, and with few exceptions, parts are hit and miss fits. New parts may not even work. But they are cheap as hell compared to buying a real Honda or Yamaha or anything with a serial number that wasn’t just for show. That is an expectation we all carry here and we love the hobby. If your customer isn’t reasonable to understand that, your probably better off parting ways now anyway. Kinda like Travis shoes...
 #12651  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 pm
I've spent the last hour digging into this, reviewing the calls, etc. I went into this expecting this situation to based on some unreasonable expectations, now I'm not so sure. Jason's expectations going into this seem fine. He also correctly identified mistakes on our end. But going off like a grenade is where things grind to a halt here.

Although Jason was outright hostile to Ashley (we're not going to put up with that no matter what, absolutely zero tolerance for that crap), there were legitimate reasons for Jason to be dissatisfied. By the time his shouting started, the conversation had bounced between 2 reps and had 3 disconnects. Incorrect contradictory advice was also given from our end. Although he didn't say it, I think Jason was feeling like he was getting a run around.

Jason, you didn't say any of this in your review, so the fact that I'm bringing forward these problems myself should count for something. Let's get a little trust going here.

There were a string of screw-ups on our end that set the stage for today's conversation and this review:

1. "In stock" status on the site was inaccurate. This is squarely our fault.

2. Our policy is contact within 24hrs if an order will be late. That didn't happen. This is something that falls on me. It's a great policy, but follow-through has slipped. I've got some work to do to make sure it's happening consistently, every time.

3. The technical advice about fitment of the 8-pole on our side was bad, incorrect. To right the bad advice on our end: There is no 8-pole stator that will fit into a 6-pole flywheel. The solution sent to Jason was non-workable. It either needed the flywheel (and we just bite the bullet on the cost), or we needed to have offered a different (fully workable) solution.

HOWEVER -

Despite the error, my supervisor still did the right thing. I stand behind his intentions in offering to send you an upgraded 8-pole stator instead of waiting for the 6. The technical mistake about the flywheel was a real problem, and ultimately that falls on me. But that doesn't change the good intentions and good faith behind the decision. It's clear to me that he did what he felt was right by you. The technical mistake aside, he intended for your customer to have 20% extra charging capacity for free. And you would have come out looking great.

Frankly, from my perspective you're doing me a favor telling people that if there is a delay on an order you might hit the lottery and get a free substantial upgrade. We do this kind of thing all the time, and this is the first time in a long while that the free upgrade itself caused problems. We're going to keep doing it.

To sum up my thoughts on this: Mistakes are one thing. I can work with mistakes, I can and will make that better. But shouting at my reps, flying off the handle, claiming that we're scammers, all that is just going to stop the situation dead in its tracks. If you can manage to keep a cool head, we can work through whatever issue even if there have been a string of mistakes before reaching my desk. But if the first thing I hear is that I've got a customer shouting and cussing, we're just not going to get to the point of resolving the situation until we get past that.

I don't know guys, I could say a lot more. But this is a legitimate negative review, despite the nuclear meltdown. If Jason wants to sign up and talk about how we can get this resolved for him and his customer, I'm game.

Edit: (Edited) I could hear the tension on your side before the phone even starting ringing on our end. Man, if it's not a good time to call then don't. There are several options to reach us (even me directly) here at a time that is convenient for you. There is no excuse for acting this way, I just don't care what the circumstances are - no excuse.

Edit #2:Jason, I just noticed that the like count on each negative review on our Google profile has gone up since this afternoon. Did you go and arbitrarily like every one of them? Feels like you're just trying to set fire to things. This is way beyond being dissatisfied, way beyond a response appropriate for the situation. If I need to find a means of reaching both your suppliers and customers to leave a warning of the combustible way you handle problems, I will. I don't think we need to go to war over $30, but we're not done with this yet.

Edit #3:
Found it.
 #12656  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:12 am

* Correction: "why the supervisor felt it was appropriate to refuse sending the wrong stator. Again - he was wrong. "
Should be: "why the supervisor felt it was appropriate to refuse sending the flywheel. Again - he was wrong. "

Attachments
Tiffany4.jpg
Tiffany3.jpg
Tiffany2.jpg
Tiffany.jpg
Msg.jpg
Msg.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 971 times
 #12657  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 am
Jason, slow down and read my response a couple times. Let's get on the same page, and work towards a resolution.
 #12658  by Tiffany
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am
Yes, she does take some of the blame new or not. Yes what she was told was incorrect. However instead of calling YOUR customer, to talk about a BUSINESS matter. You want the conversation on your personal "public forum" for others to chime in who were not involved. You have stated, you were wrong, you infact didn't send a wrong part. You all agreed on a part that he was told after asking would fit the flywheel and go together as needed. After receiving the "upgrade" agreed upon, it infact did not fit. So he called AGAIN, spoke to the same employee, said the part didn't fit, she said it definitely does fit and put him on hold. To come back after talking to technical support, to state that "parts change over time, and he needs BUY a flywheel" he said, "no I do not need to buy a flywheel, you all should send that since I was NOT told it was needed, nor is it on the website that additional parts were needed" you say your intention is to change minds, and get things "on track" well sir, it has been asked since he was on the phone with your employee (who isn't at fault for doing what she was told) that there was no one he would talk to, that she could email support, he requested the email, stated he wanted to be CC in her email to them. As a business owner, you should be contacting him PERSONALLY, since you have admitted this is at the fault of your company.

The resolution he was offered was to buy more parts, or send the pet back, and wait on his refund till after. What should have been done to correct this mess, and keep a customer is- you shouldn have contacted him, expalained your employee was wrong, that she was told the wrong information, and that you are SORRY. You should have offered the part to fix the situation. You have been hostile this whole time yourself, refusing to actually work this out. You are simply trying to cause an uproar and leading a false image of what happened. like I said on our conversation at this point it is a simple fix, refund the part, send the shipping label for return. Part will be sent back, and review will be updated with the resolution.

I was not involved till you wanted to try and bring toddlers (which any one who has toddlers knows how it can be) in to this. You have his number. You can contact him so you all can find a resolution to the mistakes made.
 #12659  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am
This isn't a secret club Tiffany. My way of dealing with issues here means that reviewers get the attention of 100% of my front page traffic. Imagine the pressure you'd be under with this kind of drama being discussed on your Facebook page where you do business. It's the same thing for me.

I don't think anyone can say that I'm making it easier on myself by having all of our negative interactions on record in such an exposed way. I think you can see the (brutal) honesty in that approach, right?

I need to hear from Jason directly, can you have him sign up. I'm open to working this out with both of you, but he needs to be present.
 #12660  by Tiffany
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 am
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Jason,

I’ve been here long to know you get more flies with honey than vinegar. Travis is reasonable, but only if you are. Don’t let the frustrations get in the way of a solution.

I work on a lot more than buggies-this is not rare that parts come wrong occasionally, and very often in this chinaware market. I deal with this type of thing often in my line of work. I would tell my mechanic not to accept personal ownership of a clients vehicle. It is ultimately their problem to bare, parts are going to be very very hit a miss as an expected issue of ownership. You buy a BMW-you know parts aren’t local and aren’t cheap. You buy Chinese buggies-parts aren’t local, and with few exceptions, parts are hit and miss fits. New parts may not even work. But they are cheap as hell compared to buying a real Honda or Yamaha or anything with a serial number that wasn’t just for show. That is an expectation we all carry here and we love the hobby. If your customer isn’t reasonable to understand that, your probably better off parting ways now anyway. Kinda like Travis shoes...

This isn't about a wrong part, this is about being told and technical support saying "yes this part is what you need, yes this part will work" after not shipping the first item, or contacting. Then the part not fitting calling, being told it does fit. The rep talking to support again, to come back stating "parts change and it will fit if you get a new flywheel" which was never stated in the first place, nor is it present on the website. He was then told he can puchace the fly wheel after all of the stuff previously. When he stated that he wanted to all to the technical support, was told no contact number, then asked to speak to her boss, was told again no way to contact them. Then asked to the head boss that there is always someone to talk to, was told again no contact. So he could talk to them, not her about the situation and she about getting the part sent due to all the issues. This strictly boils down to the company and now Travis not making the efforts to speak to the customer him self and truly fix the situation. Then take it to a forum which is the next level of unprofessional, yet has been asked again to contact directly since he is "more than willing to make it right"

Then making threats to try to contact customers and vendors to cause issues, because his page has negative reviews. Which has nothing to do with our situation and an attorney can pull IP addresses of where those reviews were left. This is all extremely childish and unprofessional over a $38 after shipping part.
 #12661  by Tiffany
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am
This isn't a secret club Tiffany. My way of dealing with issues here means that reviewers get the attention of 100% of my front page traffic. Imagine the pressure you'd be under with this kind of drama being discussed on your Facebook page where you do business. It's the same thing for me.

I don't think anyone can say that I'm making it easier on myself by having all of our negative interactions on record in such an exposed way. I think you can see the (brutal) honesty in that approach, right?

I need to hear from Jason directly, can you have him sign up. I'm open to working this out with both of you, but he needs to be present.
Well sir, no I do not understand. I my self run a business, we talk to our customers directly not on a forum. Did I say anything about a secret club? Running a business he does not have the time to knit pick back and forth on here. When all it takes is a simple phone call to him, apologize for the mistakes, and come to a resolution. That is all that was asked, that is all that I have now asked.

I do not know one person tha is a customer that would be okay with the last 2 weeks situations. Then all of this over the top communication to top it off. It isn't about making things easier, it is about making this order right. An order made to your company.