• Negative review from John Howard [ADMIN: Buyer error, selected wrong vehicle]

• Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
Forum rules: Defining a questionable review:
1. There is clear evidence that the claims are exaggerated or based on unreasonable expectations, AND
2. Person won't acknowledge or address clear screenshot or picture evidence, OR
3. Person runs away. Hit and run reviews don't help anyone. OR
4. The main complaint is over not receiving free help or advice.

If a review meets criteria #1 plus either 2 or 3 or 4, I put it here in this section. -T@BD
 #11668  by Jhoward
 Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 am
I have asked in the technical forum no dice, can’t find an email address to get answers. I ordered this harness and it comes with zero labels or instructions. I also ordered the engine harness that has perfect instructions (in a picture) on how to wire it. I am giving Buggydepot 1 Star for their website and difficulty to contact, I am sure that the harness probably works with instructions.
 #11701  by Jhoward
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:11 am
I have a SunL chassis buggy, I did a complete wiring harness replacement. I used the yerf dog engine harness, that had great instructions. I also used the yerf dog chassis harness, which has no instructions at all. I just need to know what wire goes to what, either by color or by pictures.
 #11704  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:14 am
Jhoward wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 am
I am giving Buggydepot 1 Star for their website and difficulty to contact, I am sure that the harness probably works with instructions.

John, I disagree. I don't write instructions for parts that are intended to be direct replacements, and install the same way that they are removed. And I (can't possibly) respond to every one-off technical question.

There is a line between supporting my product, and subsidizing a person's buggy ownership. A percentage of guys think that if they buy a $40 switch (or a $100 harness) that the part price somehow obligates me to give hours of my time dedicated to their issues. To be clear, I can't dedicate any time to reviving a $200 basket case bought on Craigslist. That responsibility is with the owner of the machine.

I used to help in those situations. Back then, I felt that if the customer expected it, I should live up to it. That was wrong, and turned out to be a bottomless pit of effort. I would regularly be on the phone with customers until 2AM on Friday nights, helping them get their machine working in time for their ride the next day. For free. The reason on their end for that expectation was always "because they bought the part from me". That's BS, John. Around 2010 I started ignoring unreasonable support requests.

Think about your situation for a second. You took the leap on a Yerf Dog wiring harness for your SUNL, a completely different machine. Why are you giving me a 1-star review based on the expectation that I provide instructions that are a one-off for your situation?

Even if you are dissatisfied with not getting a response, this transaction should be 3-stars minimum. You got the parts as ordered, and on time. Again, you paid for parts. Personalized technical support isn't included in the price of any part. It's extra. The aspects of BD (site and tech response) that you're complaining about are free. You didn't pay for them.

So.. when we go out of business because less than nine (9x) 1-star reviews (over 40k transactions) can pull us down to a 3-star average, where are you going to get your chassis harnesses? At a certain rating level, people are going to stop buying. A single 1-star review carries the same weight as ten 5-star reviews. This stuff is serious. One more bogus 1-star and we're in the 3's.

I think this is a good example where 1-star reviews are handed out way too easily (and in other situations it's done maliciously), when expectations are the problem. It also raises the point that I need more of my normal everyday customers to write their own reviews. If you like what I'm doing here, drop a quick rating and a few words. Or this could all go away. One more negative and we're going to be in the 3's. The power 9 people versus the silent 40,000 in reviews is way out of balance.
 #11716  by Jhoward
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 pm
In that entire rant, not once did you try to solve my problem, I put into YOUR website, my vehicle (SunL) the wiring harnesses that I purchased are the ones that came up. Please look at the pictures that I attached, one is clearly labeled, the other is not. I am simply asking, what does each wire go to? In the sales world, customer service should be one of your priorities, if it isn’t ,then a 1 Star review is earned, not given.
Attachments
F88DD603-25C2-4346-8F84-64D5D915D129.jpeg
3557E064-3394-4B2E-A5DF-1B30675B2CB4.jpeg
 #11717  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm
Jhoward wrote:In that entire rant, not once did you try to solve my problem, I put into YOUR website, my vehicle (SunL) the wiring harnesses that I purchased are the ones that came up.

You selected the wrong vehicle. Take a look at the screenshot below. You selected the Yerf Dog Spiderbox as your model when you bought the harness, but you have a SUNL. Any system can only work properly when it's used as intended. If you feed it the wrong info, you'll get the wrong end result.

Jhoward wrote:In the sales world, customer service should be one of your priorities, if it isn’t ,then a 1 Star review is earned, not given.
What you're asking for is beyond customer service. You have a special project. You're converting a Yerf Dog GX150 harness to your SUNL. You wouldn't buy a Ford part for your Chevy, then get upset with Autozone for not being able to help you with the conversion, right?

Jhoward wrote:In that entire rant, not once did you try to solve my problem.
I'm not going to. I do my best to help, but I'm not able to personally help every special case. The information you're looking for is here on this forum already, and in my Technical Center. It's incredibly easy to find, here are the first 3 results at the very top of Google:

Google: "Yerf Dog GX150 Wiring Diagram"

I've fully covered the wiring of GX150 in my technical resources, and I've made sure you've got easy access to the information. Still, people almost daily ask me to hand deliver the answers directly to them personally. I can't do that. In the end, can you really say I haven't done enough to answer wiring questions related to the Yerf Dog already?

It would be different if Yerf Dog owners needed a pinout chart for the harness. But they don't, it's a direct replacement when used as intended on the vehicle it's meant for.
Attachments
Yerf Dog Selected.jpg
 #11718  by CheethaSpeed
 Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm
If your getting in the random import buggy game you better learn to do your own home work. Only people that care about your project enough to invest in it are in your house. Then you post a request to a user forums and you can appeal for a life line and didn’t get a 24 hour response. Ha Ha couldn’t be more clueless. Sell that thing. It’s not for you bud. The wiring is just the beginning...

In the meantime your impatience and unrealistic expectation has real consequences. It effects those of us who support this American business because it supports our hobbies. This is not life and living to us, but it is personal to the American families who promptly provided your order. But I doubt you spend much time on perspective do you? Didn’t trust ebay for free support enough? Didn’t want to wait on the slow boat and customs? Then you come to rip the guy cause he didn’t adopt your headaches. You sir may have gotten the help from users, we like being know it alls. We like to communicate. But don’t be mad because we didn’t put out like a cheap date.

You do know you can seek and hire a local professional? Business owners fill needs, not wishes.

I suggest a new machine or new hobby. Your not cut out for this.

I hate it you had to waste your time on this guy. You know my 5 stars ar behind you! Thanks for being on an island for the rest of us! I’ll address this type of desperation post quicker now lol. Schools in...