• Worst Customer Service Ever

• Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
Forum rules: Defining a questionable review:
1. There is clear evidence that the claims are exaggerated or based on unreasonable expectations, AND
2. Person won't acknowledge or address clear screenshot or picture evidence, OR
3. Person runs away. Hit and run reviews don't help anyone. OR
4. The main complaint is over not receiving free help or advice.

If a review meets criteria #1 plus either 2 or 3 or 4, I put it here in this section. -T@BD
 #13001  by Mx4dan
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:50 pm
I placed my first order on 10/21/18. After not receiving an email saying that my parts had been shipped, I called. They were able to ship part of my order but the A-arm I ordered had to be built. It was estimated to be shipped out within 7-10 days. I then placed my 2nd order on 11/4/18. Once again, after no email and no parts, I called. The girl said she had no clue why it hadn't shipped and she'd call me back the next day. No phone call, can't get through on the phones anymore, and still no answer. So I reached out online. Travis then began emailing me back on 11/10/18. He gave me an approximate ship date for my 2nd order and said the A-arm was still in process due to his builder having a medical emergency. After several emails back and forth trying just to get an approximate shipping date, Travis got pretty ugly. He made it very clear that he isn't willing to work with everyone and suggested I buy a welder if I want my A-arm built quicker. I then replied that I am a welder and I had already fixed the A-arm myself but since I had paid for the part, I figured I could get it and keep it on hand. As far as my other order, still no timeframe. After days of emailing and nothing but arguing and downright rude emails from Travis, I requested for everything to be cancelled on November 15th and told him I would take my business elsewhere. Since then, I've gotten ZERO replies, my 2nd order all of a sudden showed up on my doorstep, my A-arm is on its way, and Travis still refuses to email me back. I've sent 2 more emails and 2 more messages through the website and nothing! At this point, I would like Travis to reply to my emails, I want my money refunded, and as requested previously, I DO NOT want anymore parts shipped to me from Buggy Depot.

**If anyone would like to view the emails between Travis and I, I'd be more than happy to send them to you.
 #13002  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:03 pm
Our man who builds the part in question had major medical emergency, surgery, and a stay in the hospital recently. We're thankful and lucky he's doing well. This affected multiple orders, I appreciate the grace of everyone who understood and worked with us. However, after (too many) hours spent talking through this with you Daniel, we couldn't reach an agreement on the situation and it was clear this would just continue to be an ongoing back and forth. After the unreasonable amount of time spent, I refused the cancellation request and also refused to spend more time talking about it. It's fine to be upset and have a disagreeing perspective, but at some point we have to commit to a decision and move on.

I usually offer a good sized credit or discount for delays. More if we're able to reach a reasonable point of agreement through conversation. But you were clear you're not interested in reaching agreement. From my perspective I've already given 10x more time than I should have. That will have to do.

There are some broader points I want to make for readers coming out of this situation. I will upload and go over the screenshots of our emails at some point later.
 #13004  by Mx4dan
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm
Travis,

I got tired of you arguing and being extremely defensive in every single email. Instead of spending hours copying and pasting links and trying to defend yourself, how about being a reasonable person to deal with. You work with customers on the daily, you should have excellent customer service skills and strive to please your customers so they will return. You said in one email that you didn't need more customers and you weren't here to please everyone. All I asked for was an ETA on when my parts would be shipped. That's the bottom line. The least you could have done was responded to my last email where I said I wanted my orders cancelled. Instead, you blatantly ignored my request and sent the parts anyway then proceeded to ignore all future emails. That is not how business is done.
 #13005  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:58 pm
Mx4dan wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:43 pm
You work with customers on the daily, you should have excellent customer service skills and strive to please your customers so they will return.
I agree. However, there is a limit to this. I already work 16 - 18 hours a day to (somewhat) keep up with everything. One person can't consume so much time over 6, 7, 8 emails repeating the same points with different words. The extra time spent on an unnecessary petty debate is time robbed from others. It degrades my service to everyone. There has to be a cut-off past a certain point, and I made the call.

Keep in mind that the reason for the delay could have meant the death of our builder. Your immediate response was that the delay was "comical", but I just don't find anything funny about the situation. I understand wanting your parts, but the delay and underlying reason didn't warrant scoffing or resentment. You really should just take a minute to call in and ask how he's doing.

In the end: Do you feel that it really was the worst customer service ever? The market isn't in great shape right now. Answers on ETA and availability aren't always super straight-forward and simple. There is nuance and a lot of history involved, especially on Yerf Dog parts. Can we take a step back and look at the situation for what it is rather than what we both wish it could be? I'm willing to meet you in the middle on these things, and take a few hours trying to get you there. But absolutely no more than that. You have to be willing to listen, or you're going to leave feeling like you had a bad experience here.