• Yerf Dog Front Bumper / Guard [LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS] Idea from Sportsman850

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #12388  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 pm
When I mentioned that we'd be getting a tube bender a few months back, Sportsman suggested a front bull guard for Yerf Dog GX150. Now that we have the bender, I'm ready to hear some ideas on what yall want to see in a guard. Post up some pictures of examples from the net and we'll come up with something that'll look great on the Yerf.

(y)
 #12393  by Sportsman850
 Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 am
Simple loop on each end that goes out to the width of the tires. (Stock width) have ot bolt to the 4 bulk head bolts. Make it thick so it can take a hit. Is also suggest folks weld up stiffener plates to the mount on the frame where the bulk head bolts too. Just my thoughts.
 #12520  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:35 am
Here's the start. I'm seeing some good design potential in following the angles of the upper bulkhead. I'd like to starting out with a simple bumper. Something sleek, geared towards being a cosmetic upgrade but with attachments for LED headlights.

This is just the base:

Attachments
guard.jpg
 #12535  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Okay. My sketch was not so great. I like more a Baja look with an upturn sweep at the front. I would also think two vertical flat plates off of the fron bolts would allow you to bore holes for loops to protect the front wheels some also.
75D3DFDC-80AB-46DE-88EA-56AC3BD3F455.jpeg
Or just create the loop structure and weld attachment flanges.
428A9C6F-4339-466A-9A23-AE8E5D209390.jpeg
My two cents.... needs work.
 #12536  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:36 pm
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Okay. My sketch was not so great. I like more a Baja look with an upturn sweep at the front. I would also think two vertical flat plates off of the fron bolts would allow you to bore holes for loops to protect the front wheels some also.
75D3DFDC-80AB-46DE-88EA-56AC3BD3F455.jpeg
Or just create the loop structure and weld attachment flanges.
428A9C6F-4339-466A-9A23-AE8E5D209390.jpeg

My two cents.... needs work.
Interesting. Got any more pics? The more ideas the merrier.
 #12557  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:56 pm
Ha I didn’t think anyone would notice my Subaru Baja brush guard :lol: such a brat..... :idea:
Well... not mine! I just thought the mount was relevant to my thoughts, as with the other pic.

What you have looks nice but I wouldn’t want my lights that far forward for the abuse. Plus that part is already beefy with your bulkhead. I looked at the front for a minute, protection of tires would be to big. But a little width for the a arms would add appeal to me. I would think something small like that would work better paired with a winch. Shawn always wanted the winch. But maybe if it turns up and has a front rack option. I could get you more pics, but I just did a quick image search. Atv and side by sides. The crossfire 150r Is more noticeable. You know what designs would keep it more simple than me. As is, it just looks a little.....to little.

Ya know, I always hated the ugly roll bars on the spider box. They are due a sporty update. Low profile, t top style, cobra loops. Something to get the wagon out of it. Top and secondary both need to go to modernize this frame. A new better fuel tank and relocation kit. I’ll shut it down there
 #13208  by Markar1
 Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:25 am
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:56 pm
A new better fuel tank and relocation kit.
I agree better fuel tank.. and the bumper keep it simple, I was thinking that I need a bumper on mine. Grandkids and I play in the woods a lot. and really need some front protection. maybe just a 1 inch "thick walled" pipe curved just a little to kinda wrap the front? I would not even complain it it added some weight to the front, these Yefdogs are so light