• BDX Universal Heavy Duty Front Brake Hubs [Idea by CheethaSpeed]

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #11990  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 am
the 11 pole is a gift from god there is no way that I could do half of what I did without it I did add a post about my though of a manual over electronic or hydraulic assist steering. Im really surprised no one else is adding a voltage gauge to monitor what their unit is doing at idle its shocking when you can physically see the difference in the 2 stators.
 #11993  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:00 am
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:59 am
How's this look?

Hub without the 4x156 adapter.

Travis Heads up bud and for this design something to consider.... Granted my spindles are outdated....... COUGH COUGH however my next point with the HD front end spindles and brake calipers my tires have about an 1/8 inch from hitting frame at full lock my spacers are 2.5 inch wide its all I could find and it works now my front end is wider then my back end roughly by 2 inches an inch on either side . This is just one more thing to consider in all practicality when looking at a new design the tires are going to be pushed out and yall to know that ahead of the game and with the full lock they may scrub. Before I had the fitting issues with the front brake conversion with my driver side spindle I was able to tuck the wheels closer and have a bigger gap im not sure if you still have the pics I sent you Travis just something to be aware of.
 #11998  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:28 pm
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Don’t get me started with Red Beard. I thought he paid full price because he never mentioned buggydepot.com I couldn’t stomach him twice so maybe he did.
I do agree on several points, but I understand where he's coming from. To his credit, he didn't ask me for anything free. RB paid for $400 in parts, and I offered him the rest. I wasn't expecting anything in return, although a quick mention would have been nice. I understand his position with GPS, it's hard to rock the boat on the relationship that helped start his channel. I respect his loyalty, world needs more of that. In my opinion though, he's going to have to shake that to a degree in order to grow. GPS doesn't carry everything and even the most extreme yard kart builds are going to turn into stale content over time.

CheethaSpeed wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Where is your YouTube channel?
You're a mind reader Michael. :lol: I've been interested in getting on YouTube for a while. My content would pretty closely match what you see from me here on the forums. Debating topics in the sport, busting myths, raising awareness about common ownership pitfalls, updates on products and projects, Dyno stuff, etc. I'm most interested in the motovlog format, riding and talking with a GoPro strapped to my helmet. Bought the GoPro a couple months back actually.

A T@BD BUILT video series would be a must as well. Covering the Ninja Crossfire 250R build, the dyno build, and others planned in the future. Will be able to get into more depth with video than I can with pictures. This would cross over into the RedBeard and carsandcameras category, but that doesn't necessarily have to make us competitors. I'd be interested in collaborative projects, and both of them are located reasonably close.

I'd also like to have enough time to do a "How it's made" series as well showing the manufacturing side of BD. We'll get into spindles, A-Arms, etc. showing how the different things are made. Similar to the Super Duty Kit thread.

And perhaps a GY6 Dyno show with my builder as co-host. Who likes Engine Masters? (y)

Overall it'd be the same kind of thing you see here but more accessible. Not saying I'd be able to upload consistently though, video production is time consuming and extra time is something I lack.
 #12015  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 pm
He sells products that are flawed by design and he knows it. He is bad for the sport. He is crash and burn click bait. The rubber spray can man with a boat that don’t float. He is totally biased from my view, loyalty only takes cash. His incompetence irritates me. As a buisness owner, I can’t afford it. His results are what speaks the loudest to me. And they are very poor. With a very similar build, I guess it’s just easier for me to see. But if you copy him you’ve wasted your money on garbage. He couldn’t give good advice regardless of what he is paid. That is a different standard to bear than joe blow showing off his hard work and passion for the hobby. His talent is running his mouth but nothing worth while comes out. We call them snake oil salesmen down here. It matters not how many people follow him to me. If there was something better, they’d watch it instead. Your better off with out associates of little knowledge and skill in my experience. Once the hot air is gone, not much left. I’m sure he is a nice guy. He did teach you if it wasn’t free you don’t get mentioned tho. I couldn’t afford to risk giving him the benefit of doubt. I would be ashamed if my build turns out like his did and you’ll probably never hear of me Messing with buggies again.

My power steering would be to easy to copy so I’m holding out on y’all. Well you could do it cheaper, but y’all know im not that guy. See I told you they wouldn’t let me have something they didn’t. I make enough amps and I may help y’all catch up one day. I may just add an alternator to irritate Shawn with my massive amp rating.

I think this segment isn’t just about gy6 karts or buggies. I think your too brand loyal and should focus on creating more universal easily adapted parts to service a more custom market. But that just suits my needs. But as other guys drop out of the the Yerf market, that only benifits your custom universal product more.

Hell yea Built it my self with help from a few friends accross the country. Your Channel should exclude failures unless it’s what not to do. But a BDX Build off on your channel!!! That’s click bait!!! Some one has to lose, it’s not soccer ⚽️ I will travel, bring my drones for good footage, not foot viewage. all the different builds from people like the viewer who end up believing they could do it to at the end. I’d rather see you feature real customers than paid ones.
 #12016  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:31 pm
hubs-4x156 problematical Based on Polaris standard wheel offsets. I’m not in the caring camp but the adapter plate should come with some way to offset the wheel, my thought is a solution similar to what you did to space the tie rod ends. But I’m happy without it lol. That big empty hole in the wheel isn’t for me.

Lets get this done say the word.
Last edited by CheethaSpeed on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #12017  by Sportsman850
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:33 pm
I was thinking alternator too! However with a gy6 how would you run it....answer? I'll make a shaft that holds the drive clutch on, bore a hole thru the case run a V belt pully off of that to the alternator. Boom 100A mini alternator right there!
 #12018  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 pm
I think could get a v belt pulley pretty easy with a front side prop already available for my engine. I just don’t think I’ll need it. I’d rather not lose any power. Im building for speed. I’m gonna need it for the smack talk I’m doing. My power steering comes from a column drive system. I’ll get back to you on details in my build.

I just hope back brakes are enough to stop me :cry:
 #12021  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 am
I’ll leave some room for a future upgrade. I’m waiting on your tensioner to get here now you already added for me. Gee I thought you were my friend. Lol I need to quit adding to finish. I need you guys to keep me focused.
 #12038  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 am
Everone else was quiet today so I’m self promoting my interests tonight.

The hub drawings look great. I know you’ve had other fish to fry. The hub I can send you are 2” o.d. And 3” length. I didn’t hear you say not to send them....so I’m gonna take that as a yes. The world deserves BDX universal hubs and big rotor brake kit. If you have the center hub and bearings, it’s just cutting circles and welding. Why complicate things when blank hubs are $5 bucks for standard bearings and 15 for tapered? It would take a lot of hubs to over come a large investment of time you don’t have just to make them. Your time is better suited to making everything else fit. Only reasons I see to build the hub yourself would be to make it better, quicker, or cheaper. Which have you accomplished? Now build it if you want to some ones fix offset issues. Make the hub 5 or 6” long and just space the flange out further and recess the bearings not to require extra long spindle axle bolts. But there are other offset solutions that don’t enclose the hub itself.

I know I really don’t know what is the best use of your time, I didn’t mean to imply I do.

Get you hubs to work with, pay you what you ask, wait patiently a few weeks, and voila big rotor brake kit and universal hubs are born! Let me know.

I’m just curious, want my opinion on upgrades for the axle. Or the steering rack after you finish this? Lol