• BDX Universal Heavy Duty Front Brake Hubs [Idea by CheethaSpeed]

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #11966  by Sportsman850
 Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:16 pm
Crazy idea here.....what if you used 4on4 trailer hubs with a 1" welded in axle from etailers. You could make an adapter that bolts to that hub with the 4x110? They use high speed tapered bearing with seals. The rotor is the only thing I'd wonder about. Youd of course have to then change your spindles to 1". Might not be cost effective i dunno. Just saying. Nm
 #11969  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 pm
Don’t get me started with Red Beard. I thought he paid full price because he never mentioned buggydepot.com I couldn’t stomach him twice so maybe he did. I must’ve missed it over him yelling about go POW sports. Ok I’m started. You know they sell fools gold products as I’ve said so I will not ever shop there. I would do something different if they had the only part I needed to finish. I don’t do bad reviews, I just don’t shop there. Although this isn’t an official rating so it doesn’t count.

I saw his “jumps”. If thats what bent the spindle you should expect a lot of problems. The weight of the 670 has less to do with it than the weight under his beard no offense. Not to mention he knows knows nothing about building anything but he will assemble all the free stuff he can get. I’m sure he just ran over it with another one of his crappy builds because the brakes broke. I had to quit watching him after he laughed at us as his kart burned -jokes on you this was all free!! Your spindles got melted dudes. Im not sure maybe he has some new videos where does something other than hop over his boring driveway and around the shed past the tree garbage and watch his feet ride down to dollar general.

Another reason that contributed is those 2” spacers that did not fit and would not bolt to roll true. Plus the wider pull on the stressed it more than the weight of the motor at the back.

He also did nothing to lower center of gravity. All the weight is up in the air which would transfer to the front in a bad landing senerio.

I don’t know if bearded Gomer Pile has the same shocks as me but my 180 lb butt barely budge mine sitting on the bulkhead. I haven’t road it so I would want to ride before I make any rush to judgement. And I like a very ridged sporty ride. Softer landings would help. He also rigidly welded the bulk head and every thing he saw and dramatically increased the ridigity and no other flex anywhere.

Total weight is 92lbs for my vtwin. I can’t imaginethis should bend spindles that are heavy duty. What’s a gy fully weighted go? I can’t imagine is much less than 1/2.

He builds crap. That was not entertaining to me. He knows knowing about what he is doing or why. He is horrible representation for your products in my opinion. He does a great job of showing his face and a horrible job of filming the actual riding of the buggy. He will never build anything that will last and I really just don’t respect his work at all. Tman at least knows his stuff. Travis you know your stuff. This guy is a joke with a good con for free swag. His star will burn out soon enough. My kart will still be running. Sure nice guy, but someone no one should pay attention to. He will only tell you were to buy the stuff he got free. He just knows how bolt or weld stuff to get her long enough for a few videos. But I guess no would watch racing with out the crashes. I’ve only seen his Yerf project because of mine. I’ve only learned what not to do from him, but I knew that already. I hate to see you associated with that profitero putz. He is more like watching the three stooges than a real building advice show that you should take serious.
 #11972  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm
He can bend cut and weld. He can get it together. But for how long? Only till the end of the video... next week we fix it again!

Back to the hubs-although the red beard post was relevant because of all the other issues I thought contributed to the bending. I’m all for anything you want to do to beef it up with the sleeve

Man let me send you a set of pre made hubs centers to play with. You can skip that development. The od will not change at 2” for either bearing set.
 #11978  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:31 am
he doesn’t come off dedicated to the craft to me but sure plenty of room for improvement. It’s mostly desire I question. He is more concerned with fame ad sales and free swag.

Travis-to me that hub looks ready. Shoot me a price man. Kit me up. I’ll drop ship the hub cores to save you the time since it’s prototype. I know you have a ton to do so I’m not expecting tomorrow. I have a lot to do. All of yerfdom and beyond wants those big rotor brakes. I just need a number. I know sports and fink and especially Shawn won’t let me have it if they don’t. CheethaSpeed not got me beat. We are competitive like that. I got the only power steering yerf on the planet with the baddest wheels with no brakes :oops: yea yea I’m proud of the belt drive also. Half a million people view a poor excuse for a build by a clueless hack. Where is your YouTube channel? I don’t even have to be in it, but my brakes can...and I don’t want or expect any hand outs of your valued time.

I’ll try to remember to send standard bearings if I think about it. Lol it’s tricky ordering these these things. Heck I’ll call the manufacturer to inquire about quantity pricing or what ever. Let me know what I can do?

I know I know all it takes it time right? No hard feeling I’m ready when you are

Same with efi

Same with front brush guard and those fenders I want

What else we got? Oh yea another build on the brain

I’ll be around awhile
 #11981  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 am
DOES Shawn need to explain why 4x156 is the best way to go bolt pattern wise come on yall lets be real 19s are cool 25s are extreme I will measure what ever yall need sorry I don't get on my laptop at home much primarily my iphone X hahaha and I don't really check the forums till Monday I will be updating pics of my work done this weekend yall are in for a surprise.
 #11985  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 am
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 am
*grumbles* Do you reaaally need 4x156? :roll: :lol:
Simple Yes...... HAHAHAH :lol: :lol: after my update with mounting Polaris wheels that are widely available and cheap at that it would allow that mean look and all aspects of practicality.. I mean who wouldn't want 26 inch vamps on a yerf hahahahaha I will never go back to the little tire and rims I spent all day cleaning mine on Sunday ahahahah. might I add another reason I did this was so I can swap tires on my 2014 Polaris 570 EFI EPS when I wanna show off un bolt my atv wheels bolt them on the yerf boom baddest buggy around ahah.
 #11986  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:45 am
I need Shawn (myvt365) to get in here and tell me what the OD on his 4x156 wheel adapters is. Who's gonna go wake him up?
Facepalm..... Yall have my number and fb hit me up on my cell I was busy with yerf dog wiring which may I add I also have a horn and front and rear blinkers now...
 #11987  by Sportsman850
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:33 am
Did I just get a power steering unit from a sportsman 850.....why yes, yes I did....free of charge to boot! Down side.....i need more amperage output.....travis my boy....whens that 11pole stator due in?

Cheethaspeed....my next buggy.....dazon raider max 250....minus the 250, add a polarid 425 4 stroke with hi/low tranny.....try and keep up......thats all for MEOW!!!