• BDX Universal Heavy Duty Front Brake Hubs [Idea by CheethaSpeed]

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #12589  by CheethaSpeed
 Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:04 am
Yeah-no, that doesn’t make me feel better. Feeling blue.....

I’m back to why no premade hub sleeve to start with? Then you’d only have the brake side. And they are ready for my tapered bearings. And bare hub cores <10 bucks? Take the easy way. For the bearings. Tapered. Think that 32hp or 110hp dreams need them, don’t ya? Why go sideways with sealed? I will send you my Azusa hubs to play with. Same as the bare core hubs except has the 4x4 and lugs pre welded. And I have the bearings. I know you like building it all...cool tools and such. It’s just a pipe with a little work already done for you. And I get my tapered bearings. :lol:

Don’t forget my fancy lug nuts take a 1/2” bolt. Can’t remember the thread count off the top of my head. Same as Jeep and mustangs

Tapered.

Bearings.

Please.

You’ll thank me.
 #13363  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:39 pm
Welp, time to start on the first iteration of the new BDX hubs! I finally just got absolutely fed up with delays with the American 4x4" hubs, and the comparatively high cost of the cast Chinese 4x110 hubs w/ brake hookups. Time to get moving on this!

To start, I'm making two 2 separate hubs (4x4 without brakes, and 4x110 with brakes), instead of 1 universal with all bolt patterns. Here's how the first pair of the 4x4" version turned out. This is meant to be a direct replacement for the white hubs we offered before. Not too shabby I think :D

Yep, you see right. Those are Grade 8 wheel studs. 3/8" thick hub flange (though the 5/16" of the white hubs seems fine, might switch over to that just to make things easier.) And the center tubing we're using for the bearing carrier is significantly thicker than the normal 4x4 hubs. American DOM tubing, of course.

And sorry Cheetha, no tapered bearings yet. Just wanted to make it as much of a direct replacement as possible, with a few upgrades over the common version. We'll get there :)

New viewers be sure to look back at the start of this thread to see some of what goes into designing and making these things. Input and comments are welcome!
Attachments
Photo Feb 28, 3 24 25 PM1.jpg
Photo Feb 28, 3 26 21 PM1.jpg
Photo Feb 28, 3 26 35 PM1.jpg