• 2018 Super Duty Front-end Kit - Updates and Development! [WE'RE ALMOST AT 24HR AVAILABILITY!)

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #12519  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:58 pm
Great news...

Holy $#*@, we're almost at the 24hr availability mark!
I haven't been announcing kit shipments recently, but we're almost at the point of having a SURPLUS of Front End kit production. In the next week or two we're expecting to have shipping ETA's on new orders within 24 hours! :D

The fixtures are doing great to eliminate most of the potential for human error (consistent quality), but getting the bender was the last piece of the puzzle to a consistent production pace. (y)

I plan to keep producing at a rate of +1 more than we sell per week, until we have 10 on the shelf ready for immediate shipping. At that point we'll keep producing kits at the same rate we sell them, with that 10 in reserve. When/If the count goes down to 3 due to high demand, we'll start back up again at the +1 rate. I'm looking forward to seeing how well this strategy works, and making adjustments if need be.

Loose parts
Sorry for the mix-ups recently guys. We're getting the shipping process nailed down. If anyone feels like they're missing anything, give me a shout.

Bulkheads
We're still getting bulkheads from BMI, though we still haven't been able to get a firm count from them on how many are left. In either case, we're steadily working on the fixtures for the BDX bulkheads. I'll keep you guys updated.

Also, Gary:
Fink117 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:53 am
Hey Travis I'm going to be doing another Possibly 2 kits for Spiderbox Front ends later this summer. I have 2 bulkhead cores I can send when I'm aloud to spend money again. One is for my son and the other is for someone that wants one like my black Kart. As for how its holding up. Its friggin amazing. Thank you.
Sounds great. I've been meaning to make a cost analysis/comparison thread for BDX 175cc GY6 versus 420cc predator. Mind if I steal your numbers from page 23?

Re-posting these pics because I love 'em, and because I can!

#12522  by CheethaSpeed
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:20 am
Congratulations! I know it’s take. A lot of hard work and investments to get to this point.

I have also spent time comparing costs of my swap. I will continue to keep mum About my true costs. Finks cost represents the best case and most economical available. Go with genuine comet or name brand Engines and that make you a hands down winner. Plus I really think he is undersized at 1” axle of any type. But I’m an opinionated buthole. No offense fink. So going custom will not produce the same price list twice, but easy to twice his price.
 #12532  by Rob.amy
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:34 pm
Travis, I need to ship one of the left hand side spindles back, just use the address that came on the box? I still haven’t got the right side one yet either. I used my old spindles to get my buggy moving with the new front end and upgraded tires. It is great to drive now.
Thanks Rob
 #12747  by JMill
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:28 am
Hello
It's been awhile but I finally got around to installing the front end kit. However it looks like the front shocks maybe wrong. If you read back you will find you guys forgot to put them in the kit and then sent them to me afterwards. Maybe the wrong ones got pulled. I think they are wrong because they do not fit into the mount brackets. The shock eyelets seem to be to large and I don't want to stretch the mounting points to make them fit. Travis could you please check into this I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the shocks are just wrong.
Thanks
 #12753  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:40 pm
JMill wrote:Here's some pictures of the issue
You're exactly right, those are the wrong shocks. And to make things worse, sounds like we just shipped out the last set in stock and will be getting more around the 7th. Sorry JMill, I just shot you an extra $20 credit for the hassle.

As we sell more of these, kitting is starting to show itself as a weak point in our shipping processes that I'm going to have to take care of soon. For now, I'm going to work out a better packing checklist. If this continues to be a problem, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and modify our shipping software to develop a "kitting" system with accountability and sign-offs at the shipper level. I built a system like this in 2016 for regular products (think ball joints, rectifiers, air filters, etc) and it works great and greatly reduced shipping mistakes. But that system doesn't work for large kits with a lot of sub-components.

I'll get it right guys, thanks for your patience. If anyone runs into any more problems, let me know.