• Help me decide: I'm considering offering complete Buggies/ATVs shipped directly to your door

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #12632  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm
Although we've been selling vehicles at our location for a while, I've been wanting to sell whole vehicles direct-to-door for years. I think we're ready to start doing that.

What's always held me back are the massively negative reviews that online sellers seem to start getting after the first few months. I can't imagine all online kart suppliers outright suck, but reviews sure do paint that picture. Apparently it's not easy business, and I really don't want to step into a new service that turns into a review bomb despite best efforts.

I've finished the presentation. Do me a favor guys, take a look at the link below let me know your thoughts.

I want to also write a series of articles about what to expect when buying Chinese vehicles. The initial assembly, the fact that you're going to be wrenching on them regularly, there will be initial warranty issues to take care of right up front. But in the end you'll have a great machine and a blast if you go into the deal understanding the downsides.

BUT in my experience a percentage of people tend not to read before spending thousands, so that may not help... :?

What do y'all think?

Buggy Depot - Complete Buggies and ATV's shipped to you!

Attachments
Vehicles_1.jpg
Direct-to-door-rides.jpg
 #12633  by CheethaSpeed
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm
I like it. -

Looking at the prices and options shown they appear to be good value from where I’m sitting and still not riding. But I expected that going into it. Your placed perfect in the market. The top banner offer may help give you an advantage over unknown local dealers that tend to come and go. I can’t answer fully with out the numbers to what I think, but it must show potential.
And the old buggies are dying off. I’m sure support will include new products for your offerings and customers for years for parts, support, and upgrades. I can’t promise to buy one right now, but if I do it will be from you. I wanted a Frankenstein’s monster project. I don’t want another tho. Most others just want to ride now. I’m sure there are a lot more of those joes than the ones willing to do what I am.

Listening to you, managing expectations may be the kicker. How much support will this cost me? Seems obvious buyers are a needy bunch to me. New is new to them. Does the quality keep you up? Are they idiot proof? Nothing is...

I like the idea of you gobbling up old buggies and making new BDX custom offerings. Each it’s own. I bet you could pre-sale and custom build other guys dreams and be happier. I thought bundling the front kit was great for business but idk. I think the more complete the offering upgrade kit the better it will do. Making it work may not be any harder.... maybe you do both. And who know: maybe you offer your own one off buggies....... :twisted: But my ideas I like may not be profitable :shock:

Great know your going to be here doing something either way (y)
 #12637  by Fink117
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 pm
I think anything that puts money in your pocket is a good thing. Can't be afraid of a few dumb assholes that will complain about anything and everything because they are always out there. The Sell Page looks great. You can put a disclaimer in the sale saying that if you let this sit outside and neglect it by keeping trash gas in it over the winter its going to have a short life.
 #12719  by TexasMech
 Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:55 pm
I honk it’s a great idea, too many sites like gopowersports and gokartsusa are terrible at advertising the right information and they give you the weird Chinese pictures of like just the mirrors or a close up of the gas pedal. I know I’ll be in the market for one in the future as my daughter gets older. I see the 4 seater models have been getting very popular and that would most likely be what I would be interested in. Gotta have room for the kids
 #12870  by stevrigg1
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:11 pm
couple of facts of life will never ever go away
No good deed shall go unpunished
the road to he-- is paved by good intentions
in my line of work (vehicle mechanic) there is more stupid than intelligent
your intentions of selling directly to the door sounds so wonderful! hopefully you have gone back, reread many many posts where even with the headers you have, NOBODY READ.
as I tell my boss
BEWARE
unless you have shoulders brooder than Atlas!