• Calling BS: The GY6 engine can't reach 12,000rpm, can it?

• Have a controversial viewpoint related to the sport? Turn up your BS meter, raise your red flag, and hash out your buggy gripes and pet peeves here! Keep it reasonably civil, and present your case!

This isn't a BD complaint section. This area is 100% about buggy and GY6 politics. Don't think karts can be political? You'd be surprised ;) -T@BD
Have a controversial viewpoint related to the sport? Turn up your BS meter, raise your red flag, and hash out your buggy gripes and pet peeves here! Keep it reasonably civil, and present your case!

This isn't a BD complaint section. This area is 100% about buggy and GY6 politics. Don't think karts can be political? You'd be surprised ;) -T@BD
 #12000  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:49 pm
Line 'em up fellas!
 #12020  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 pm
We will line them up. Promise. I can’t say exactly how my build will turn out. I do have expectations. Despite what you may have seen from similar bearded Belt melters, mine will run to full potential with out any advantage of stupidity or improper cvt final drive ratios and backwards drivers to help.

I have no doubt it has what it takes to follow me anywhere and keep up. I just doubt it can pass me. :twisted:

Kinda of funny. Is the a desiel vs gas deal or a 4 stroke / 2 stoke comparison? Wow both 4 stoke gas instead. If it’s just about hp and torque and weight than it shouldn’t be close. I chose the vtwin to be different. Not to be slow. I believe my drive train and chassis mods you haven’t seen yet will make this all sports car on buggy wheels. It may be more big block Chevy than Honda S2000. I get that. I’ve raced everything from 1.6l to about 6.0l na-turbo-supercharged. But if your expecting a workman like build, I’ve got work to do. Asphalt traction and I expect to leave Shawn standing like grandma at the stop light. He may catch me a mile down the road getting ahead on refreshments too. :o I’ve got the hot wife, she may wave the flag if I ask nice 👍 but I wouldn’t want to leave you back there with her that long haha.

But that’s just my theory. Theory’s have to be put to the test before it’s made law. That’s just science.

Ultimately the torque gap is huge. And his big wheels just hurt him even more. It will be fun even if I’m wrong. I don’t expect to be. I do expect it closer than I let on here.

I think I’m gonna find one to build, I want one now too so I’m not hating. I’m curious as hell.
 #12026  by myvt365
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 am
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 pm
We will line them up. Promise. I can’t say exactly how my build will turn out. I do have expectations. Despite what you may have seen from similar bearded Belt melters, mine will run to full potential with out any advantage of stupidity or improper cvt final drive ratios and backwards drivers to help.

I have no doubt it has what it takes to follow me anywhere and keep up. I just doubt it can pass me. :twisted:

Kinda of funny. Is the a desiel vs gas deal or a 4 stroke / 2 stoke comparison? Wow both 4 stoke gas instead. If it’s just about hp and torque and weight than it shouldn’t be close. I chose the vtwin to be different. Not to be slow. I believe my drive train and chassis mods you haven’t seen yet will make this all sports car on buggy wheels. It may be more big block Chevy than Honda S2000. I get that. I’ve raced everything from 1.6l to about 6.0l na-turbo-supercharged. But if your expecting a workman like build, I’ve got work to do. Asphalt traction and I expect to leave Shawn standing like grandma at the stop light. He may catch me a mile down the road getting ahead on refreshments too. :o I’ve got the hot wife, she may wave the flag if I ask nice 👍 but I wouldn’t want to leave you back there with her that long haha.

But that’s just my theory. Theory’s have to be put to the test before it’s made law. That’s just science.

Ultimately the torque gap is huge. And his big wheels just hurt him even more. It will be fun even if I’m wrong. I don’t expect to be. I do expect it closer than I let on here.

I think I’m gonna find one to build, I want one now too so I’m not hating. I’m curious as hell.
Big Wheels you meant Head turners lmao I also have a said hot wife to drop flags lmao I just voulentold her..... It is very exciting to see what happens I thought the big tires would slow the 175 down damn was I wrong lmao with the gear ratio form the 39 tooth it has been very impressive and we will have to wait and see what can happen I take it.
 #12028  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:06 am
yea- gearing for tire size really is critical. 39 tooth vs. what 41? What is the diver tooth count? You shouldn’t get big tires without that change. Its not just size, that’s added rotational mass that requires torque. Bigger tires can add top speed, but never race performance. But it does help it stand out. Just not out front of me. Life is all trade offs. I want to go fast first.

We can have tuning time between tests right? I’m not stuck with one tooth options? :mrgreen: I go from 40 - 60 tops wot with a 10 minute set up change. Well estimated at least. All theories now
 #12031  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:26 pm
Yea I won’t worry about it either for a gy6 build. Trav has done the leg work. I have 10 axle and 4 driver combinations to play with. I’m not sure but I don’t think you have but a few options to choose from anyway. The relationship between the out put teeth(driver) of the gear box to the axle sprocket (driven) is the final drive ratio. The CVT system has to maintain a particular ratio to function properly. Or melt belts. Tire size also factors in. I don’t know for sure but I assume it is a 1 to 1 reverse box. The fewer driven teeth the higher top speed basically, also reduced acceleration. As you go up in tire size, so should the driven teeth. Top speed stays the same and no losses in acceleration. I will know what My belt drive tuning should give me a distinct advantage in any challenge. And in 5 mins. I didn’t plan to have so many options. It just worked out I got them all for one set of your wheels and a spacer or two. I have spent a ton of time on this alone for my build. It should be an epic showdown of buggies. And a ton of fun.
 #12033  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:57 pm
Thanks sport. Appears stock 13/31 sprockets. 39 tooth rear option. Reverse requires 16 t driver.

13/31 =2.38:1 final ratio (stock)
13/39=3:1 final ratio
16/39=2.44 final ratio.

That may not sound like a lot of difference. Let’s take that 12,000 rpm max. I will assume the cvt is 1:1 final ratio, but I suspect Underdrive is built in also. The stock final axle rpm would only net 5042 rpm. Without reverse and 39 teeth that changes to 4000 rpm at axle, finally your reverse puts you at 4918 axle rotations. Then use your tire size to calculate top speed. I will know what I need to beat for before I show up. I just need a confirmation on the cvt final drive ratio. It’s not all just for you, I’m still trying to plan that next build also

Im planning for a 12k rpm max. I’ll make sure You will need all of it to win lol no tach requred

My belt drive can change from 4:1 to 6:1 in five minutes. How ya like it now sports? These are my riding conditions haha racin’.

Get that Polaris 450 2 speed Dazon ready...
Last edited by CheethaSpeed on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.