• 2018 Super Duty Front-end Kit - Updates and Development!

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #12294  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue May 22, 2018 1:44 pm
Chris486 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm
This is me right now after receiving the tracking info
:lol: :lol:

Looks like the tie-rod ends will finally be here Friday - Monday. (y)
 #12295  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 pm
Ha-I know that feeling. Even worse when you waiting on yourself and you know it every time you pass it walking by. Speaking of- you can bump me on catching up on tierod ends.

Sounds like time to start work on those hubs and big rotor brakes. I’ll send you my hubs. (y) :D
 #12308  by CheethaSpeed
 Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:50 pm
Chris- you have one side of the shock extension installed backwards. There is a tall side and a low side to each of the 4 pieces. The low/short side goes inside in the old shock hole. Ignore logo orientation.
05FA33B5-A52E-47E7-8E44-2F51B74FF4AC.jpeg
3798C71D-E57B-498B-AC08-73A18BC6445B.jpeg
There is also a spacer for the old shock location. The old non-shock bolt should be tightened 1/2-3/4 turns passed snug. The bolt thru the top and bottom of the shock should be locking nuts and yes some minor space to allow shocks to pivot at both ends. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN SHOCKS TO PREVENT DAMAGE! The tall side of the new shock brackets hold the shock short side to the inside of the buggy. Should straighten up your issues.

Also pay attention to the dots on the ball joints at the end of the a arms. They should be facing straight forward and one straight backwards. These pics were before I adjusted mine, but it helped smooth up the front workings.
 #12341  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 am
Alright guys, we've been at a standstill after finishing off the box of loops that arrived back on Page 2. But, a big heavy crate arrived tonight that should help solve that problem :D

Bender is here!

The bender was expected to arrive tomorrow, but we went ahead and picked it up from the terminal ourselves today to get an early start on setup tomorrow. We'll crack it open and see if we can get something bent in the morning.

It's a JD2 Model 54 with computerized control. I'm excited to get this thing pumping out A-Arms. And looking forward to exploring the options this opens up for us for making new products. :twisted:

https://www.jd2.com/model-54-bender

Thanks again guys. We're getting there.
Attachments
m54-toggle-rear-die-1100.jpg
m54-fullwithdie-1100.jpg
m54-full-1100_1.jpg
IMG_5531_1.jpg
IMG_5524_1.jpg