• [Help] Box looked like the sole survivor of a USPS plane crash

• If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
If you've got some feedback for me but aren't ready to write a review, here's the place to voice your concern or comments. I'll also post explanations of the policies that help our programs function. -T@BD
 #11528  by myvt365
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 am
now that I can post pics mine did not line right up as well here is how I adapted it. It may not be right but the chain is perfectly lined up.
Attachments
reverse.jpeg
Add description
image2.jpeg
Add description
image3.jpeg
Add description
 #11533  by Sportsman850
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 am
I agree, however there isn't a 39tooth double row sprocket for the axle out there that I can find. I'm thinking I can space the reverse or single axle sprocket till it lines up. Id totally be all over the double sprocket, but at 6ft 8in 345lbs, I need the torque
 #11541  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm
Sportsman850 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:32 pm
Never got a straight answer on wether I can run a double sprocket reverse with a single sprocket on the axle lol :lol:

I've been in the shop. I only give straight answers, but I'm not always immediately available.

Yes, run a single chain with your single axle sprocket. You'll use one side of the dual gearbox sprocket. It will fit and work properly both in single mode and in dual.

When (or if) you get ready to upgrade to double, the difficult part of the job has already been done and you already have the more expensive gearbox. This isn't something we're cheaping out on, it costs us more money to send the dual gearboxes. It's not a lower grade substitute, it's an upgrade.

Misalignment is a separate subject. If you run into an alignment issue, let me know and I'll send you spacing hardware and update the kit pick/pack documentation. The factory makes changes periodically between batches and I depend on customer feedback to know when there is a problem.

As far as a double 39T sprocket. I've used two 39T sprockets in dual configuration. The correct spacing is 10mm. No need to weld them. The caveat is that these sprockets aren't indexed so you'd have to let me know what you're doing before ordering, and we'll find two in inventory that match, drilled in the same locations.
 #11542  by Sportsman850
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm
Travis,

Just giving ya crap man. I know right now you're in 10 places at once. Sometimes more. I'll get it figured out. I think down the road I'll jump upto bigger tires. At that time I'll also go to a bigger sprocket. 2 52tooth #50 machined to spec. The reverse gearbox feels like a tank. What are the 2bolts for in the housing?
 #11551  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 am
Sportsman850 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm
The reverse gearbox feels like a tank. What are the 2bolts for in the housing?
The large studs/bolts on the right side of the gearbox? They're for attaching to the support arm that runs forward to the crankcase.

If you're talking about the two smaller bolts positioned radially, they're grease port caps.