• 2018 Super Duty Front-end Kit - Updates and Development! [WE'RE ALMOST AT 24HR AVAILABILITY!)

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #11475  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm
Sportsman850 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:53 pm
Travis,

What are the chances you could drill holes in the middle of the "A" arm brackets where the bolts go thru for grease zerks? It's just an idea. Otherwise nothing lubricated the front bushings.

The BDX bushings are self-lubricating Super Oilite® Flange Bearings. Genuine straight from Oilite, no knockoffs. They're oil impregnated with synthetic "Extreme Pressure AM3-SPD®".

I wanted to avoid the need for zerks, leading to the Oilites which cost more but work great. Adding a zerk would add at least 2 extra operations to each A-Arm, which goes back to the availability dilemma.

The wall thickness of the new bushings is beefier versus stock. And contains sintered iron for additional strength. Here's a good comparison showing and the differences in pivot tubing and bushings.

Attachments
product_image_13_905.jpg
 #11483  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:19 pm
Who likes pictures?

These were taken on Thursday. Since then I've increased the length of the A-Arms by 1/4" and made a number of other small improvements. The changes will save you guys a lot of headache during assembly. Especially for guys that have the +8 rack.

Also, I've underrated the kit a bit. Lift is advertised as 3", but you're actually getting 5.5" of lift overall from this package, by installing all of my BDX upgrades together. This isn't because of the new changes though. The BDX ball joints and spindles have always added an extra amount of the lift.

Attachments
Photo Mar 08, 5 34 28 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 08, 5 32 22 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 08, 5 32 12 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 08, 5 29 53 PM.jpg
 #11486  by Sportsman850
 Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:52 pm
Looks like it's coming together nicely! All you need now Travis is a front bumper option to avoid impact damage.

Speaking of us folk that sent in our racks (No pun intended) how are they progressing? I sent both mine in....which now that I think about it. Was dumb because I can't drive either lol.

Front ends look mean Travis keep up the good work.
 #11496  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 am
Alright guys, things are firming up. Here's the timeline of every logistical point on the map at the moment:

1. Make a clamping mechanism for the A-Arm welding fixture. Without a clamp, the loops tend to tilt in the fixture. This tilt doesn't affect function. It's a cosmetic issue, but I still want to fix it.

2. Finish and send out 3x warranty exchanges (12x A-Arms). I have all of the materials cut and ready. Delayed until I'm satisfied with the fixture.

3. Pivot tubing was due to arrive tomorrow. Snow might affect the delivery and push it to Wednesday.

4. 20x S2 Shocks are due Wednesday.

5. 15x bulkheads are on order and should arrive Monday - Tuesday. I'm really happy we were able to get these instead of having to rush building my own.

6. I have 6x spindle sets cut and cleaned in a pile and ready to be assembled and welded to go with the kits. We have enough metal for a total of 12 sets, with another metal delivery coming Friday which should give us enough for 24x more spindles.

7. For Greg and Gary with 3x Racks to be machined: Overall, the racks are the part I'm least looking forward to. I plan to maintain the shipping order posted on page 3, and ship everything together. I won't bump you to later due to the racks.

In other news, this guy decided to do a little vehicular lineman work in the afternoon. Heard a crash and what sounded like fireworks. Everyone appeared Ok, but power was out for the rest of the day.

Attachments
IMG_2765.jpg