• 2015 Complaint: Brandon Davis - Yerf Dog CUV Engine Swap

• Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
Unfortunately, upset reviews aren't always very accurate. This section is for hashing out certain complaints in a place where both sides can be heard. Although I personally disagree with these, I won't delete or censor them. You are the judge here. -T@BD
Forum rules: Defining a questionable review:
1. There is clear evidence that the claims are exaggerated or based on unreasonable expectations, AND
2. Person won't acknowledge or address clear screenshot or picture evidence, OR
3. Person runs away. Hit and run reviews don't help anyone. OR
4. The main complaint is over not receiving free help or advice.

If a review meets criteria #1 plus either 2 or 3 or 4, I put it here in this section. -T@BD
 #11471  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 am
I received this email last night:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 5:14 PM
To: BuggyDepot.com
Subject: Brandon Davis Yerf Dog

I think that it is fair that I tell you that I am making formal complaints to the VA Department of Consumer Affairs, the VA BBB and your local Magistrate. My mechanic will testify to all of the issues that I have had with the JUNK that you sold me. He will also testify that the motor that you sold me was in fact an old motor and not new.

I hope that you do not treat all of your customers this way. It is my opinion that you are crooks and I will be filing the correct reports to everyone that I can find!

Brandon

Brandon, go ahead and register and speak with me here in public. You've got direct access to my customers and daily traffic here to have your concerns heard. In addition to reports to the BBB, or anywhere else you feel is necessary. I fully remember the situation from 2015. Make your case here in this thread so we can hash this thing out and finally put this situation to rest. Let's get into the specifics.

Calling my parts "junk" without stating your case doesn't help anything.

In case Brandon doesn't respond, here is the summary:

We swapped a 175cc GY6 engine into Brandon's CUV in late 2015. At the time we hadn't done a CUV swap before, so the bolt-on kit that we have now didn't exist. We accepted the job knowing that there was a lot of fabrication involved. We installed the new engine at the cost of parts. No charge for the actual swap labor or fabrication, we just asked Brandon to pay for the parts used in the swap since it was our first CUV and we'd benefit from the R&D. This amounted to a huge discount versus if we actually charged for labor. I felt this was a good deal for both of us.

We also picked up the vehicle from NC, again the value for us was in the R&D, not turning a profit, so we were willing to work around what Brandon needed.

Brandon wanted the whole thing done in less than a week. I clarified immediately from our first conversation that a 1-week timeline wasn't possible. The trade-off we were asking for in return for the massive price break, was to have the machine for an extended period of time. I wanted the CUV for at least a month after the swap to have enough time to ride the completed swap on my property, and iron out problems that I knew would arise in the first few weeks after a swap. Not just bugs that are naturally going to occur with new R&D, but secondary failures with his original parts. I articulated all of this up front and made sure Brandon agreed before we moved forward.

Although I made sure I got a decent amount of riding time on the machine, I ultimately didn't get the time I wanted. Brandon was persistent in wanting the job out of the door and in his hands in a rush. I wrote out clear instructions for what Brandon needed to do next and what to keep an eye on. He later admitted that none of those steps (except one) were followed.

While I had the machine and was riding it, I ended up replacing several of his original components that I'd predicted would fail from the amount of time the machine was sitting previously. I replaced these parts for free.

Brandon I feel that the core of your complaint (as I recall it) revolves around work we did that was completely free of charge. If your complaint has changed over the past 2 years, state your case. The new complaint about your mechanic feeling that we installing a used engine in your CUV is completely wrong, but I'm open to hearing what you (or he) has to say here. Keep in mind that I drove the swap for a period before handing it over to you. I guess you could technically say I used it? It was a new 175cc engine we built for you.

Brandon, go ahead register here to tell your side and let's work through this again. If you feel that it would be best for your Mechanic to give his opinion directly as well, have him post here as well and I'll address both of your concerns publicly.

Here is Brandon's CUV on my property after the swap:

Attachments
20151122_162808.jpg
 #11472  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 am
Attachments
ComeToThread.jpg
 #11480  by CheethaSpeed
 Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm
So you trust your mechanic? I bet your a/c man has your trust too? Professional con men. And the guy benefits from the thing having a new engine and repairs made from some sale? Plus over a year later? Guess con men stick together and he doesn’t at all seem realistic. He is perfect for a new machine, not a project. I haven’t stoped spending and still not done or driving and I wish I only had 1,100 to get a custom made machine. He probably hated it because they are as much fun as pawpaws old truck, even with power and thusly treated it that way. Got a 4wheeler huh?
 #11482  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:03 pm
I spoke to Bradon's mechanic once. He seemed like a decent guy, but he was mislead on a lot of points by Brandon. To draw the conclusion that the engine was "used" (I used it, and Brandon used it) sounds like Brandon didn't tell him that I'd been riding it for a week on my property, per our agreement on testing. We all have our biases, but I think the mechanic just doesn't have his BS meter turned up high enough and is letting Brandon feed him a pack.

But I don't know, because all we're hearing is silence from their side.

I'd appreciate it if both Brandon and his mechanic would register and address me directly. If they're willing to spend a day in court on this, they should be willing to spend 2 minutes to register and speak to me directly in front of everyone.

Brandon, you've accused me in public. I feel I've got a reasonable right to be addressed directly. I've invited you here multiple times, but haven't yet received a response from you. I know by your IP that you're reading this.

I get it. You're upset and perceive BD as the reason you can't use or sell the machine, but feelings aren't facts. From where I sit, it appears that you're hiding behind Google and the BBB as safe spots to post fake news, as a way to get back at us. You feel it's necessary to take legal action, but you're not willing to work towards a resolution with me in the open? It's one thing to be exaggerating and believe yourself, but your lack of willingness to follow up tells me that you don't believe your own review. If I'm speaking frankly, there seems to be a level of avoidance and cowardice going on. Back up your claims. I'm right here, let's resolve this now.
 #11491  by myvt365
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:52 pm
In all honesty Brandon if you are still looking to sell this unit I am in the market for one and im willing to tackle a project if you are willing to discuss a real dollar amount please email me directly as im in GA and will have to drive to pick the unit up. Also if you could please inform what is the current state of the unit that would be greatly appreciated.
 #11547  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 am
Attachments
FoundBuyer.jpg