• 2018 Super Duty Front-end Kit - Updates and Development!

• Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
Let's talk about new parts and solutions to common problems you want to see with a BDX logo. -T@BD
 #11341  by Fnonthlake123
 Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm
ADMIN NOTE:
T@BD: This thread started as a warranty claim back in January. I've been using it to communicate updates in 2018 to keep these Heavy Duty parts on the shelf.

Fnonthlake123 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:56 pm
Order #40088
I had order new a arms and I think I got 1 uneven and 3 even.thumbnail_IMG_0157.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0158.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0156.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0155.jpg
Order #40088
I had order new a arms and I think I got 1 uneven and 3 even.
thumbnail_IMG_0157.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0158.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0156.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0155.jpg
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0158.jpg
 #11343  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:31 pm
It looks like the ends of the upper A-Arm loops were cut incorrectly (at different lengths on each side).

Another customer had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago with A-Arm parts being cut/welded off center. I'm listing the A-Arms as out of stock for now until I can get down to the bottom of exactly what's going on. Sending out bad A-Arms is a huge (and expensive) hassle for both you and me, not something I want for us to keep doing.

In the mean time, I'm going to have a return label sent to you to return the uppers, and I'll rework them myself. Your lowers look straight. Can you confirm this for me? If not I'll go ahead and rework all 4. Thanks.

Sorry for the hassle, I know you want to ride.
 #11346  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm
If you don't mind, I'd like to go ahead and warranty all of them at the same time just to make sure. If that works for you, let me know and we'll have a pre-paid return label in your inbox today. Thanks and sorry again for the hassle, I know it's a PITA.
 #11348  by Frank
 Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:59 pm
Hi, I don't ever post online but had to. I ordered new a arms on January 5, supposed to be in stock and shipped on 8th. Finally received them on the 29th after several phone calls and excuses. Worst welding I have ever seen, and nothing lines up at all. Tabs,shock mounts lengths are all different. Now being told you won't be making new ones for another 10 days. Not a happy camper AT ALL. FRANK
 #11356  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:32 pm
Fnonthlake123 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm
I haven't received a return label yet. Is it being mailed out or email
The return label was emailed on the 29th, can you do me a favor and check your spam box? Might be in there. The email with the link to print the label comes directly from FedEx.
 #11358  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:48 pm
Frank wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:59 pm
Hi, I don't ever post online but had to. I ordered new a arms on January 5, supposed to be in stock and shipped on 8th. Finally received them on the 29th after several phone calls and excuses. Worst welding I have ever seen, and nothing lines up at all. Tabs,shock mounts lengths are all different. Now being told you won't be making new ones for another 10 days. Not a happy camper AT ALL. FRANK

Hey Frank, take a look at this earlier thread for a more in-depth answer on what I'm doing about the recent A-Arm issues:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3275

The 10-day hold is mostly to address these recent issues (but also because we're out of A-Arm loops). I'm improving tooling and training during the downtime. I understand your frustration and I know you want to ride, but I don't want to rush and end up sending out more items over time that aren't made correctly. It takes a lot of work to make things right, and even more work to make sure things continue to be right long term. Thanks for the heads up (y)
 #11359  by Frank
 Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Hi Travis, I did see an earlier thread with some pictures of quality work. Be happy to wait a few days if that's what I can expect. Hopefully you got the others I sent back, please just keep me up to date. Thanks Frank