• GROUP BUY... Yerf Dog Steering Rack +8 Teeth Machining Service - Once per year!

• New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
 #13352  by Bubba_Zanettie
 Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:29 am
Very nice, Very clean. You can be proud of that build.
Could not tell you who made my rears, but they are off a old ATV.
8x7 Rim I am guessing 22"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8x0ekbQpDU
Keep in mind this is nothing more then a test Rig for the motor.
But I figure, its light. Its not broken, Maybe if I add enough tube and redo
the front end. It may scoot around well enough for me.
whats your motor?
Pics, Pics Pics
 #13357  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:53 pm
It's official, I need to code a like button to the forum. Billy, I think you, Gary, and Mike (Cheetha) have convinced me on doing more stuff with industrial engines. I'd like to see more on that VC 460. What kind of HP/TQ are you looking at compared to the Predator 420. Normally I just look up all this stuff on my own, but you're right... we need more activity here! Maybe we can start up a new section.

Thanks again everyone. If you want to post pictures of your racks, I won't complain :) Every one of them is slightly different. Chris's definitely turned out the smoothest. Billy's was the one where I figured out a new way to position the racks that made thing much easier. I have it all jotted down on my cheat sheet. Not sure I'll do more racks, but if I do it'll be that much easier thanks to y'all. (y)

And a request.. if you guys are happy I would really appreciate a review on Google, BBB, and/or Facebook if you don't mind. Buttons are below! And of course if anyone is unhappy for any reason, I'm right here. Thanks again guys.
 #13358  by Bubba_Zanettie
 Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:45 am
NR 460
460cc (GX390 Type) Factory Stock Motor
Around $850. I think mine was more like 1k after addons :D

92mm Bore x 69mm Stroke = 458cc
ARC Billet Rod
HD Springs
Open Element Air Filter
Billet Flywheel
Race Prepped Block
Re-jetted Stock Carb w/cable style linkage < I went with the bigger carb....
going Bigger 34 mm Flat Slide Mikuni (38mm available upon request) Lets give it some air :mrgreen:
Cam with 246 Duration .260" Lift
Chrome-moly Pushrods Installed
0.020" MLS (Multi-Layer Steel) Headgasket
10.5:1 Compression (7cc Dished Piston)
1" Shaft with 1/4" Keyway
No Rev Limiter or Governor
Heavy Duty 10-Bolt Engine Block (Modified Extra-Thick & Reinforced Casting) market!
Insolator with Pulse Fitting Installed (No need to drill and tap your to get engine vacuum to your fuel pump!)

Fully dyno'd and tested

27+hp 42 Ft pounds of twist.

Max RPM 5200 <<<not true I can turn 6k +
:)

Engine can produce a lot more with larger Carb!!!! Yes it can
 #13359  by Bubba_Zanettie
 Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:53 am
Shameless plug.
If I had a EFI i could ditch the carb.
Travis? :shock:

I told Travis I am in no hurry for my rack. So ya'll get yours faster.
My plan is to do a YT video on the build. Spring is here. Lets light the fires and kick the tires.
Post your pics. Lets see his hard work in action. youtube video links would be AWESOME....
Lets get this party started.

Bubba
 #13421  by cath8r
 Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:58 pm
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am
Saturday, Sunday and Monday are rack days! Thanks everyone for being patient while I sort things out here. Last night I left an early Easter egg in your accounts... a $50 store credit for everyone participating in the group buy. Let me know what items you're interested in and I'll do stock checks for you. I really appreciate you all working with me on the time frame. (y)

I'll be machining and shipping in the order that payment was received. But if anyone has an event or special occasion planned please let me know and we'll work it out. Thanks again guys!

Also, many have asked about rack boots. Unfortunately I'm out of stock. I have a whole box of short-size boots, but no long sides. Looking at the one full / one empty bins gives me that feeling when you can't find a matching sock in the drawer. :?
Elm2052193 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 am
I just picked up a tomberlin 150 is the rack the same and can have the same machine work done ?
Unfortunately it's not the same , sorry
Hey Travis, I didn't get the store credit you mentioned in this post....I'm ready to spend it! Let me know and thanks!
 #13435  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 pm
cath8r wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:58 pm
Hey Travis, I didn't get the store credit you mentioned in this post....I'm ready to spend it! Let me know and thanks!
It's there, issued 03/06/19

You can apply the credit in the "My Basket" page, no minimum order.
Attachments
tb.jpg
 #13478  by Bubba_Zanettie
 Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:12 am
I just use my $50 credit on the red shocks.
In cart I found and clicked on the credit and it was applied.

If your order does not. well this is a Travis issue.
I'm out.
To error is human, To screw things up takes technology.

Bubba