• Changes to our support Sept 2018 - Read this [Customer support, Parts delays, Technical Support]

• New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
 #12842  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am
Staying competitive is tough.
We're up against tech giants eBay and Amazon, and they're kicking our butts.

Going back in time, it wasn't too long ago when low prices on GY6 parts were associated with low quality, and were avoided by owners. A lot has changed in the last couple of years. Today, regardless of quality or support, people are predominately buying parts now based on lowest price. Month to month, I continue to see a decline in our numbers across 2018. I've reached out to other owners in the market. I won't name names, but the sentiment is mostly the same across the sport. The marketplace platforms are squeezing us. To a point now where we have to adjust our methods, or deal with some serious consequences.

This screenshot is the heart of the problem from my perspective.

Suport theft hurts. Multiply this one admission by many visitors per day and it becomes more than just an loss of sales. It is at the point right now of being crippling and unsustainable. I have to make changes to stay in business.

1. Order support and warranty are now handled online, expect response times up to 24hrs. This means no phone support or callbacks moving forward.
If you call our number, our automated system is able to look up the status of an order for you. But in order to reach someone about any issues, you'll need to do so through our website. Phones will stay active for a time, but will not be a reliable way to contact us.

Product delay notifications will also be automated and will give you the ability to split the order into multiple shipments, or request cancellation without needing to speak with a rep.

I'm going to get heat over the decision to discontinue phone support. But to be fair, when was the last time you called an eBay or Amazon seller? Never, right? Instead of fighting uphill with the expensive costs of providing phone support, I'm going to focus those resources on inventory (eliminating parts delays) so there is no need to call to begin with.

Reminder: The best way to submit a warranty claim is by clicking the big yellow button the front page. If you write a message instead of starting a warranty claim on your order, there will be delays processing.

Click here to reach us for anything else related to orders.

2. There will be temporary delays with parts.
The funds that were used in support will now go to purchasing inventory. We're low on a lot of parts and need to rebuild our inventory.

3. Free technical support is over.
Just dead. We simply can't afford to spend 15 minutes to an hour with people for free, and there is no way around this.

At the end of the year I intend to start offering a paid GY6 technical support service, at rates that reflect the value of the information. It's appropriate that people in need of help would pay a reasonable amount in order to save themselves a lot in mechanic's bills, wrong parts, bad internet advice and other headaches. Our tech help is valuable, and I want it treated that way going forward.

4. The good news? Our prices should be reduced soon.
The market has voted, low price is the driving force right now. Not live support or customer service.

Thanks for sticking with us while I work through this.

:|
Attachments
file.jpg
 #12844  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:37 pm
Please see the original post above.

I'm sorry Sheree, but we don't have the rear swingarm for your machine. In previous years we'd figure out a custom solution for you, but we can't afford to do that any longer.
 #12869  by stevrigg1
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
I came here to buggy depot because of google, bought parts for my new/used buggy and got the BEST possible info for free. I will buy MORE parts here. when I bought this toy it had a plugged carb., no spark with out the key in the start position .....etc. as a mechanic of 43 years, the necessary info on the theory of operation, the wiring diagrams and the base requirements of stator output made it possible for me to drag. problem. I will spend more money HERE.
many many thanks to TRAVIS and COMPANY