• New "Buy it now" feature released! (and angry rant on low quality sellers!)

• New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
 #11232  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm
Getting more competitive against eBay and Amazon.

It's no secret at this point, established GY6 vendors you've known for years are hurting now. The overwhelming number of new sellers on Amazon and eBay offering cheap parts (note: cheap quality) with little overhead. That plus other factors like the easy shopping conveniences of the big platforms are putting the squeeze on established vendors in the sport. I'm speaking for more than just BD when I say that we and our peers in the market have to adapt to stay relevant and ahead of the crap flood.

On conveniences, eBay and Amazon have it right. Going through a long checkout process is always a hassle. Entering shipping information for the 1000th time is irritating. Looking at our reports, this where I see a lot of people abandoning their baskets when shopping with us.

This has caused us to lose a lot of crucial sales that we need to fund our R&D projects, GY6 Dyno, USA-based EFI, reliable BIG GY6 engines, this forum, and more. The more sales BD receives, the faster I can get these projects finished and producing results for you. To help correct this, we're going to keep working on making our buying process as quick and smooth as possible. To that end, we now have our own BUY IT NOW feature!

While I'm talking about lost sales, the most unfortunate side of this is that I see a large volume of visitors in our traffic reports every day using our technical support resources to get advice or troubleshoot their issues, but then they go buy cheap untested parts off of eBay and Amazon! I have a few problems with this as you can imagine. I'll save you from a mile-long rant by just reiterating that cheap parts from random sellers often cause more problems than they fix. Ask anyone who is on their 5th Amazon carburetor or CDI this season, chasing reliability problems. Ask the guys who have machines that won't idle worth a fart with "all brand new" electrical/carburetion parts from random sellers.

Cheap sellers do little to nothing to help you personally, they repeat the same untested grapevine-sourced technical misinformation that costs you money in ordering wrong parts. And you already know that they don't use any of your funds towards R&D to support and progress the sport.

So let's do something to help fix that.

Skip checkout entirely! Buying at BD is now even faster than shopping on Amazon or eBay.
You log in, hit "Pay now", and you're done! PayPal sends us your shipping information so that you don't have to enter all of that information for the 1000th time!

If you have a PayPal account, you're likely already logged in and it is a true "One touch" checkout experience.

If you don't have PayPal, you can still use Buy it now. Hit the PayPal button, and follow the instructions in the popup to use a card.

Oh, and most buy it now items have LOW FLAT $1.00 SHIPPING!

What it looks like:

As usual, with a new feature release please let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks guys.
Attachments
Buy it now sol3.jpg
Buy it now sol2.jpg
Buy it now2.jpg
But-it-now Sol.jpg