• Coming next: Lightning deals! R&D Points! Daily sales and loyalty program

• New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
New updates to our store, forum, and products are posted here -T@BD
 #11234  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 pm
Now that our BUY IT NOW is up and working (and I'm done complaining about low quality sellers for now) , it's time to move on to some more fun stuff.

Doing something about prices...
In the vein of becoming more competitive with eBay and Amazon, I feel that I have to start working with you guys on price in one way or another.

Deals.. deals... deals...
We have much more overhead than an eBay or Amazon seller, so I can't just lower prices. However, one feature in particular that I like from Amazon is their "lightning deals" program. Offering a daily list of limited-quantity rotating deals is something I feel will work well. And this concept is something I can build and implement in our own store in a reasonable amount of time. You can support development in the sport, and get a great deal at the same time!

R&D Points (Loyalty program)
A percentage of every dollar you spend with Buggy Depot goes directly to fund our R&D projects. Our upcoming "R&D Points" program (as part of our Lightning Deals) is a way to highlight how your order ties in with our ongoing R&D projects like the GY6 dyno build, USA-based EFI, and the testing of solid quality components.

R&D Points will work like any other points-based rewards program. Accumulate points by buying parts via Lightning Deals, and redeem those points for different rewards later.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Let me know what you think.
I haven't worked out a set of rewards yet, I want to hear some ideas for worthwhile rewards you'd be interested in. Let me know below.

Attachments
lightning-deal.jpg
lightning-deal2.jpg
 #11385  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am
R&D points only apply on orders moving forward. If there is a good case for making points retroactive (which can benefit both BD and the customer equally), I'm all ears and definitely willing to consider. (y)

Also open to suggestions and ideas for what kind of rewards and benefits guys would like me to setup for redeeming the points. Feedback is welcome.
 #11386  by myvt365
 Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 am
As a long running customer with BD I like to know my money is going to R&D and I would love to know that I helped fund new projects that are currently and in the future being developed. I feel as though all of say my purchases for my entire build aren't going to waste. If points are going to be accumulated via purchases here on out I just feel as though id have to build an entire new buggy to get the same points as someone that is in the early stages of a build. That's all I was wonder cause things like the lift engine reverse gear box and such are high dollar items that I don't plan to replace again hahaha . I love this company I just wish BD could back set points so the customers still feel like their pervious purchases have helped as well.
 #11450  by PGH
 Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:54 pm
You need to realize this is a new program and not something that you missed when you bought your parts. I outfitted two GX150’s 10 years ago - Should I be getting credits on this new program for parts I bought in 2006? I don’t feel I’m entitled to that.
 #11453  by myvt365
 Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:22 am
I do agree with your pervious comment in what to I was referring to was that fact with was all bought with in last year. To add to this it was almost every part offered from BD so I have no reason to rebuy all of those parts.... let alone the $270 spent with in the last week is all I am referring to. I do agree a 10 year retrospect is a bit much of a comparison to products bought through out all of last year is all im stating. I say this due to the fact of owning one of these unit and would not be buying another engine unless the 175 blows up. I would not need another reverse unless the gear box gives out. I would not need to buy the stage 2 lift again as a kit maybe a shock or something in the future. I would not need to buy another 11 pole any time soon unless something goes wrong. I would not need to buy another atv front end conversion. the front brake Kit I do not expect to purchase again. Im simply stating all of the high dollar items with out a time gap I would complete lose any aspect of loyalty points. Like I said the first high dollar purchase was Nov of 16 so you could understand where im coming from.
 #12276  by JMill
 Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Pretty simple make the points a in store credit towards more parts. You can work out the value of each point. Or use the points as a level of achievement when you get to 1xxx points it unlocks a 10% discount on a order and 2xxx a 20% and so on. Whatever you do let's get it rolling I got a ton of points!