• First Post Sorry 100cc to gy6?

• Show off your builds and upgrades here!
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Show off your builds and upgrades here!
 #13639  by FunDad52
 Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:55 am
So I got rid of all my kids Drx90 Atvs cause I got really tired of working on them. So now my 12yo son buys a $75 buggy off Facebook and here I am. He stripes it down in one night (thought it would be a fun summer gig). And now he is asking what engine are we getting. He knows I’m a speed guy also and well I need help. From what I see this is an older 100cc trailmaster 3 speed with reverse... can I put a 150 or higher gy6 in this fairly easy? I’m aiming for 50ish mph with torque... I can move engine mounts but I’m not a huge internal switch around kinda guy... Any help would be greatly appreciated... as he says I’m holding him up now! Lol.... :roll: :o :D (y)