• Finks Spiderbox Build

• We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
 #12528  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:28 pm
The front end from my Crossfire Ninja 250 build. Take a look:
viewtopic.php?p=10977#p10977

With 110hp, you're going to need this and more :twisted:
 #12529  by Fink117
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:06 pm
lol and because I don't have enough go karts I'm going to pick up a Roketa GK-06 tomorrow morning. Needs an engine but we'll see what happens. Ill post pictures after i pick it up.
 #12530  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:08 pm
Fink117 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:06 pm
lol and because I don't have enough go karts I'm going to pick up a Roketa GK-06 tomorrow morning. Needs an engine but we'll see what happens. Ill post pictures after i pick it up.
I think you've been firmly bitten by the bug :lol:
 #12533  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:13 pm
Wow -even I thing that would be insane. I don’t think I’d want my kids near it. Lol. I’ve seen a few karts done with similar power plants. Only one looked drivable and not just insane. He had a full custom chassis. There are also piranha buggy’s with gsxr 1000 out there. They are cost wise in the range of a big fast s x s. Or a real dune buggy. None of these projects are logical. Go for it! That would be plaid speed, which we all know is more than ludicrous.

I’ve been keeping my eyes on the crossfire 250. I always thought that was just personal use.
Hope the brake kit hit firsts :evil: But I’d have to find a crossfire next if they become available.
 #12534  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:21 pm
When I started out on mine, I wanted to make the Ninja front end a one-off just for myself. Was gonna be pretty stingy about it. But at this point with all I've invested into increasing our production capacity over the last year, we could realistically start making them for extreme HP builds. I built it specifically with jumps in mind, so there's that too. I've also been mulling around the idea of 250R (32hp) and 650R (70hp) bolt-in engine swap kits, sourcing wrecked bikes through salvage auctions in here and in neighboring states.

At this point my team is fully trained, sharp, and ready to go. We're killing the Super Duty Front End kits now. And we've got all the equipment (bender was the last piece of the puzzle). It's starting to make sense to go after more and more radical upgrades.

As far as price, I'm not sure - I'll do a cost analysis at some point in the near future and see what it'll look like (y)

CheethaSpeed wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:13 pm
Hope the brake kit hit firsts :evil: But I’d have to find a crossfire next if they become available.
Not a problem Mike. I want to knock out the new hubs and front bumper before moving into another full front end. (y)
 #12538  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Sounds great! Just don’t forget my tapered bearings. ha! Or that neato spacer re enforcement washer thing you came up for soy beard.

I’d seriously be interested in something you come up with. Id love more power with less r&d own my part. And bolt it on. Seriously
 #12792  by Fink117
 Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:05 pm
Anyone that complains about the BDX front end is kidding themselves. I've taken this thing down the same trail in the video above Full speed and its held up amazing. My sons stock spider on the other hand grenaded his predator 212 it was an old block i used on a snowblower with a ton of hours on it. It was fun watching him get stuck on rocks though. Stock clearance vs BDX clearance :mrgreen: