• Cheethaspeed’s The Amazing Spiderbox #EPAS+BDX+Vtwin+Belt Drive+gearbox+++++

• Show off your builds and upgrades here!
Show off your builds and upgrades here!
 #12635  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:29 pm
Hey Cheetha - You've got a front page feature (y)

Side note, you cool with us using your picture?

Attachments
gx150-front-end-header.jpg
 #12636  by CheethaSpeed
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:57 pm
Heck yes! By all means, show off your work! (y) :D.

Ha my daughter smiled and said, great, now if I could only ride it. :oops: :lol:

I’ll get you some more pics with the front brakes installed. ;) I noticed the BDX logo line up pic. Took me several tries and light locations to get them to pop out. I am thankful you offer these parts. I put my build here to share it. I wouldn’t have anything to show off without your work. Just wait till I get my wife next to it in a bikini -hahaha. She called August for the calendar. As if I like you guys that much :lol: can’t share everything
 #12648  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 pm
I can’t lie, seeing my build featured just put me in a good mood all day :D kinda like I made the local news, I’ve been telling my friends and family. Lol.

I definitely set one of my main goals to make it look good. Rims and tires completed the look to the awesome front lift. Although I haven’t brought it up, it will get fresh paint but not until the very end of my heavy mods. I thought of getting a cleaner frame to start, but it felt proper to save this motorless and priced cheap frame.

Still waiting on the Machineshop for steering turn around btw...next week maybe. Idk, but I need to pull the trigger on the EPAS controller. Ebay jitters...limited options and sources. Out here on the limb...but I don’t have the Machineshop bill yet either so there is that. The benifits of hindsight and I could have saved a ton for the steering u joints and connections. I guess I planned a little poorly. Something as simple as a split u joint vs solid and it costs you. In the end I will get there, but the first time is usually the long way around. I will have Precision control of the front wheels. I will not even have to cross my hands over. As you watch riders, pay attention to the front wheel movement compared to how many times the driver spins the steering wheel. It’s a dance the driver loses trying to corner fast. They lose just turning around. Make yo arse sweat for that 3 point turn yo. Work it! You won’t see me racing my steering wheel in circles to turn. 8-) nope, I’ll be smooth. I will also be able to hit the trails faster, drift harder, and flat out make it look easy. Because it is.

Coming soon
 #12674  by CheethaSpeed
 Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:01 pm
Shel Silverstein I thought would be proud. Who doesn’t love Where the Side Walk Ends or A Light in the Attic? But I’m sure they even had a few writings hit the floor. So maybe I got more stuff I dont want to do out of the way, I’m still closer than yesterday. But my favorite...

LISTEN TO THE MUSTN'TS
Shel Silverstein

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WONT'S
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be

At least it’s not another Carly Simon song :?
 #12687  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 am
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part,
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein

I don’t know if I agree completely with any of these little quips unequivocally. Maybe that’s why I keep adding things to make it harder because I don’t want the build to come to an end? The journey of life and all that....

Hellllllllllll noooooo. I want to get this done ASAP. But it was nice to take a break from my leisure and hobby to work on my wife’s car instead. So relaxing to drop a couple hundos unexpectedly on a Tuesday. Nothing I care to digress about other than to say, it sucked. Ha-I even had to take back a wrong belt because they grabbed the wrong part of the shelf. Amazing I didn’t fall to pieces and write a 1 star review to the local chain part store. I opted for the civil swap without a hint of advice of how they could prevent their mistakes in the future or how much it cost me to drive there twice. But then my life has always been tough so I guess I just expect nothing to be easy. But it could be tougher so I’m not complaining either.

Now if I dont have to start over again, no more break down emergency unexpected repairs, Machineshop’s finishing parts soon 🤞🏻 Few more stars a-line and I will have my happy ending. Because it will be the beginning....
 #12699  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:53 pm
Ha -tomorrow should be a good day and steering parts on on the way my guy says. Glad I don’t have to worry about that anymore. Maybe I’m done at the Machineshop. TBD

Back to my own shop for swing arm version 1.1 this weekend. It’s probably a safe bet if you know me to assume it is gonna be something more than your average make it fit variety of boring engine swap. It will be another one of a kind design of mine. I have big expectations and lofty plans. You can’t look it up because it’s never been done. :twisted: But you will see it here. And only here.

So much more on the way... Amazing may need help from the web of spectacular adjectives like Incredible Fantastic super and mighty. Wait for the full Monty...... :lol:
 #12701  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 pm
CheethaSpeed wrote:Maybe I’m done at the Machineshop.
Same thing I thought 10 years ago :lol:
CheethaSpeed wrote:Back to my own shop for swing arm version 1.1 this weekend. It’s probably a safe bet if you know me to assume it is gonna be something more than your average make it fit variety of boring engine swap. It will be another one of a kind design of mine. I have big expectations and lofty plans. You can’t look it up because it’s never been done. :twisted: But you will see it here. And only here.
Let's see it! I'll be checking Saturday night for plenty of pics. You think you'll get to the point of mounting the engine this weekend?
 #12703  by CheethaSpeed
 Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 am
Hmmm, no point making Promises I don’t intend to keep :lol: I did make other promises I will keep.

I could share more, but where is the drama in that? Comic Book Titles teasers asside. We see what we see when we see it. How we see what we saw will all vary by how we view it. :lol:

I may already be closer than you think too...