• Roketa GK-06 CBR 600F4i

• We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
 #12625  by Fink117
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 pm
The trick is to have a family. Then you care more about coming home at night. I plan on just trail riding it. My days of doing doughnuts and going fast died after my near death head on. I Plan on granny shifting this thing.
 #12626  by CheethaSpeed
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 am
I’ve been spared the stupidity of youth. And blessed with a family. I’ve had to dodge some serious Lane drifters with probabilities of textual issues. Near misses and such. Glad your here. Let’s not get sappy about it.

Kinda confused why build it to putt around like pawpaw. 110hp to go a safe 25-30mph? Not to spin wheels? 🤖 {does not compute}#%^* error
I understand if you have to say that for insurance purposes. Lol. I’m not for driving like an idiotic showoff nor do I expect my build to be anywhere near extreme with my “industrial” engine. But I do hope to be able to drift around turns, donuts, and spin the tires without risking my life. But I don’t have 110hp either. I do have 613 cc tho 8-) just at 1/3 the rpm and 1/6 the hp. But torque is 34 vs a 48 ft lbs. I’m set up to spin em, but spin them early not necessarily high speed. But I would have got a 212 if I didn’t care to go fast :?: :lol:

Better keep the keys hid and hide an extra cut off switch. If I was a teenage son....... : :evil: :twisted:
 #12634  by Fink117
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:33 pm
Oh no I'll do doughnuts and power slide. But don't plan on ever running it flat out in a straight line. Ideally later I want to build a 850 Polaris sportsman driveline into it. That is way down the line. I'm going to build the Cage up stronger than it is and make it so it can take a roll over if it ever happened. But there will be many burnouts/doughnuts and drifting to do. Just smart about. My head on was driving the speed limit on the way to work. Luckily that car had solid motor mounts and subframe connectors because when my dads Fire truck rolled up on the scene he thought i was dead.
img243.jpg
650 Holley double pumper is touching the firewall
img259.jpg
 #12638  by Fink117
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 pm
Here is a fun little size comparison I took before some thunderstorms rolled through.
2018-08-08 19.24.12bd.jpg
2018-08-08 19.24.39bd.jpg
 #12639  by CheethaSpeed
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:56 pm
That IRS is pretty schweet. I had a sportsman 500 with a full independent suspension. Thing really felt like a jet ski with the autocvt with tumb throttle and a smoothest ride of any atv. Although it later was the most noisy suspension of any atv also. But I was young and dumb and did mud ride In those days. So I can’t blame Polaris for that. I didn’t own a grease gun either yet. It’s a lot of moving parts. Will it have a differential in the setup? I quickly veto’ed irs and diff as too difficult and expensive for me. I had seen some of the 300xrs with the independent rear set up, but it’s not much bigger than the 150 or 200 chassis I don’t think.

The 600 doesn’t look so out of place when you see those frames side by side.

First it’s too cold, now it’s too hot. Get to it already Goldie locks hahaha
 #12640  by Fink117
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 pm
First things first. I'm going riding August 18-19 up in NH. So I need to finish my trailer. That is tomorrow's goal. Right now I'm trying to source some ATV UTV wheels for the Roketa because the ones on it are junk. I need a set of 10r12 and 8r12 wheels and find some decent 25 10r12 and 25 8r12 tires. I found a few with rub in the sub $100 range just temporary setups but the center bore is too small. Ultimately I'd like to get a set of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-RockTrix-RT ... her Wheels

Its going to have IRS. I have the FNR box and it will be mounted Similar to this setup.
dune5.JPG
dune5.JPG (59.76 KiB) Viewed 68 times

Meanwhile I'm still trying to get a friends Death golf cart running properly
Screenshot 2018-08-08 23.09.58.png
Once this is done then I can start my new project. Disclaimer I did not build this. I would not build this. It's ugly and terrifying.
 #12641  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 am
the main reason I ended up with different lug patterns front to back was for the offset of 6/4 and 4/3. The yerf was already suffering from slim hips that needed a round of cornbread fed booty implants to set the stance to sport mode. That with a wider axle got the wheels out past the frame edges 2” each side. The GK looks plenty phat. Lol Crazy how much difference wheels and tires can make. If you have room for 14” rims I’d go that route. The sxs market rims and tires for 14” just have some pretty awesome tread patterns. And I prefer a lower profile side wall for performance. Plus it’s a look that matches your ram with those black rims. Big rims low pro AT tires. Doughcisions $ Doughcisions -but that’s just me. 12” with big off road tires look great too. I spent so much time considering the different options and finally I just had to go with something. But 14 was just too big for my yerf or I would have. I still want some rubber sidewall suspension. But 14 will turn more heads imo.
 #12644  by Fink117
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:22 pm
So a question for the 3 people that read my stuff. Would you grab these wheels and tires for $75 and then run a wheel spacer in the front to make them fit. The problem I'm having is that the centerbore of the wheel needs to be 60mm or 2.36" across and these Rincon wheels are only 2"
38708118_219268632263959_1768330794171891712_n.jpg
Now you've already seen how wide this thing is. Do I really want to add another 2" Width or do I wait and find a wheel that will fit proper but will end up spending about $500-$600?
s-l1600.jpg
 #12670  by CheethaSpeed
 Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Ha-you found a gk13 didn’t you? Do tell of this new venture. Did you go to flint? :o

As far as which wheels I think you know which way I’d go. I’d already have front disc brakes if I could live with the spacers. But I’m only building one. It depends, how vain are you? I’m so vain I probably think this th’sall is about me, don’t I? Don’t I?
Go with the bling!

You can have the center bore lathed to what you need other than spacers to make the fit. Probably same money and no added width.