• Finks Spiderbox Build

• Show off your builds and upgrades here!
Show off your builds and upgrades here!
 #11867  by Sportsman850
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 pm
Ya reckon so ayyy. Hopefully he don't have a heart attack......hes the only quality suspension parts guy I know of.
 #12043  by Fink117
 Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:07 pm
Going to be fun to tear it apart again for paint. First 48* day in forever. Took the snowblower off the tractor. Finished the brakes on the 3002 (thing flies). Now all I have left to do is finish my spider. Can't wait to rip into this.
2018-04-12 14.09.48.jpg
 #12044  by Fink117
 Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Better weather means more pictures and progress. Once I finish I get to tear it all apart again and paint it. ground clearance is about 14" in the front on the lowest setting on the shocks. I'm probably going to go to a bigger axle later. but for now im going to stick with this. I'll have to build support Arms for a wider axle.
bdx4.jpg
bdx5.jpg
bdx6.jpg
bdx7.jpg
 #12045  by CheethaSpeed
 Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 pm
Toy box (y) (y)

I’m excited to hear your feed back on how the big gx 420cc performs. I’m thinking if you liked your sons, you’ll love double down size. Did you put 40 series on both engines? The 30 series is so popular with the 212cc for the tav2 style mount plates. What final drive ratio are you planning for the chain sprockets? That looks like a pretty big tooth count for around 5:1 or so. Will you be trying any adjustments to the driven pulley spring settings? They seem at a nice stock 1,500rpm stall start, although it would be pretty easy to adjust up to 1800 or more. I guess it would add a harder launch but may slightly reduce response time, but nuttin two foot driving can’t fix. Just things if you end up Messing with I could benifit from your trials. I really like the adjustments available with this system. Or you could wait on me to test settings..haha I would imagine it would be plenty warm by the time I’m done tho.

Ton of axles out there. I would have gone tubular and Aluminium had not gone with the heavy v twin. I doubt you need my advice, but I’m never short an opinion. Are you leaving the yerf class spline axles?
 #12055  by CheethaSpeed
 Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 pm
Nice job on the video. Great video quality, straight to the point and show cases your work well. You knew I wanted a good look at the cvt. Lol. BDX buggy stands out in the bunch with that front end. I got more from your video than so called paid pros. 👏🏻
 #12056  by Fink117
 Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm
Might actually get to ride to tomorrow. Have to bleed the brakes and mount the seats. I also want to relocate the ignition to the steering column. 99.9%
bdx15.jpg