• Yerf dog spiderbox 1 of 1 build -blue cheetah “mad scientist mode”

• We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
 #11997  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:03 pm
Awesome ideals man I feel you pain house cars wife kid and such. These are builds I take my myself away on I take the stress out when I jump in my yerf and rip up some dirt. Is the wife over it well yeah she had enough when the sheriff was at my house signing papers to make it legal lmao her response you have got to be ****ing kidding me he was right hahahaha. its all in the idea that you built it be proud and enjoy and when the wife is like can I take it to go get the mail its all worth it imho.
 #11999  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:47 pm
Damned right Shawn, BUILT NOT BOUGHT!

Congrats on paying off the mortgage Michael! That's gotta feel great. And thanks for your orders helping me to pay mine :)
 #12003  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm
myvt365 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm
I hashtag that on my IG all the time #bdxbuiltnotbought

Fixed that for you :D 8-)
 #12005  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:17 pm
Travis @ Buggy Depot wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm
myvt365 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm
I hashtag that on my IG all the time #bdxbuiltnotbought

Fixed that for you :D 8-)
will have to update that #BDXbuiltnotbought when I get my decal to replace the big rockstar emblem just saying along with the fan cover :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #12022  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:11 am
Thanks guys. I wish I was as smart as I sounded. It’s more dumb determination that tactful action. It would also be more impressive had I not the mistake of getting two mortgages at the same time. I had hoped my first home turned rental property would work out much better. But after a 6 year money losing endever, it is over the 16th after a year of paying for an empty house refusing to rent out it again. Now I’m square 1 life 1 death note. That one is not the burden the other was. And hey I’m trying to help you pay yours as quick as I can. Lol. You won’t take my hub money...yet.

No build update, I spent all afternoon catching up here talking smack and bashing babbling beards. I better do something soon and it better be good.

Bought and not built yet lol
 #12036  by CheethaSpeed
 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 pm
Muuuhhaaahhhaahhaaa :lol: :twisted: (evil laugh)

Now with all the trash talk I’ve done lately it’s got me really thinking. Delusions of grandeur? More bark than bite? What do I know? It is one of a kind. I designed or choose every single Jot and tittle myself. I wanted things I’ve never seen and I have engineered them. I’ve recruited help where needed but have been the only driving force behind this project. I researched, applied, and calculated all kinds of factors in to making this project. I won’t be guessing. It’s something that has sat at the end of real world priorities and the front of my mind. Even now I question everything I’ve done. Not in regret, in anxious anticipation of the results. I don’t want a participation trophy. No pats on the back for a good try or well wishes of better luck next time. Burn it down and build it again is not part of my plan. Getting it right is. Naturally my 1st goal is safety and 2nd bulletproof and easy to use. But not really. I’m lieing. I could put it together and have no incidents for years and not be satisfied. That’s not all it takes to be right for me. My real #1 goal is to have one of the baddest fastest buggies the average person will see. Shawn likes to turn heads. Who doesn’t. It has to be better than average or I failed. It has to be better than good or I failed. It has to be fast or I failed. It has to be one of the fastest or I failed.
Simple enough for a goal huh? For my first buggy build. I rarely fail because I prepare.

What should I expect as far as speed then? Is My build one of a kind? Most would say not. We all know my feelings about the salesman with a similar build. It should be a fair comparison right? I quit watching at the fire FYI. But shouldn’t I expect mine to be less impressive than his bigger predator motor? And his build when running was not at all impressive. No wheel spinning torque. No insane top speed runs. No rocket acceleration. And Who calls that a jump? Bounce or hop maybe...Just a slow buggy with a big motor. I know the free delivery of parts is probably replacing his pile of scrap by now. I don’t care how much power he puts to it, it will never be fast. I’m not hating here, it’s a fact. He doesn’t understand what he is doing and how to get that power to the ground. But I DO. So if you think my build has the same lame potential as his, you don’t know me well enough yet.

What will determine my success? What is my bar of measure for speed? Sure the ride has to past the test of the feel of speed and spin the tires at will, climb the hills, and give cheap thrills. I still won’t have a base line for comparison. Looks great, drives great but I could have had that with out all the fuss. I need to know. What’s on the other side of the world. How will my custom design machine perform against one of the best going alternatives?
Maybe you don’t know about my plans to travel to Atlanta to put my build to the test. Myvt365 and I are getting set to line ‘em up! Check out his build if you haven’t already, gy6 fans should like their representative as a 180 cc class BDX badass. I’m impressed so far. Impressed enough it is the bar I will measure my success against. Not to mention a ton of fun!

Feel free to weigh in on this. Who are you betting on? Smart money is on the guy with speed in his name if you ask me. :twisted:

Ohhhhh yea the build is moving right long...design build is not fast when your going for right the first time. I’m in a logicians pinch waiting on parts in the short term. Inching closer
 #12053  by CheethaSpeed
 Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:16 am
What to say? Where am I? I don’t like to leave you hanging for to long. Don’t think Ive lost interest. I’ve been to busy to get in the shop, but not to busy to make a few more parts checked off the list. Nothing to brag about, steel. Plate steel. Steel round/square tubing. Boring steel. Sticks and sheets of potential. Something but nothing. Not much into much more. Europe has a special tax just for this called VAT tax[value added tax]That’s something from nothing for you. I have some special chassis mods to fit this fat double pie plate pumper low center of gravity and far forward. I have to leave room for the t....uuhhh not yet. But ground clearance will pay the price for the size some. How much is to be seen....

Otherwise-power steering parts in, needs still wiring and some connections. Controller...later still keeping hush 🤫 until.....

Exhaust...enough pipes for testing. Resisting the very very strong urge to add a turbo and intercooler. I have raced turbo cars. I know I could. I might. Total over kill. Your safe Shawn, for now....still not committed. The engine would need to be ready first, and stock is not ready. I would like to see how stock stacks up first. Any gy6 turbos out there?

Cables- pedals extras.....waiting on me to install.

Still pestering Travis to get front brakes. Fighting the bottleneck helps if it’s frosty cold and horizontal.....hubs- brakes 💰 I’m 👂?