• Shawn's 175cc Build thread with pics

• We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
We want to see pictures of what you ride! Show off your vehicles here. As long as it has (or had) a GY6 engine, it's fair game.

Putting together an awesome build? Show us the progression of your ride here!
 #11862  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm
Update: 100th post aswell this weekend I spent like 10 hours redoing the entire electrical system! I added my Harley brake light which does work great off the factory brake switch! today ill be adding the horn then the turn signals to fallow!

as of this weekend I added the fuse box every switch is now fused also I added my ground bus bar to complete each individual circuit!
 #11868  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:05 pm
sounds great looking forward to the pics. I wanna see this 175cc in action. I’ll see if my buddy’s will bring their stock 150s to blow away haha I will make a day trip over when I get mine finished. I know of a few good ohv trails one near Talladega. Another south of Bham
 #11982  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am
Ok yall sorry a weekend of sheer buggy magic!!!! so while cheetah and sportsman have been messing with their builds Shawn has not stopped with some next level stuff! so this weekend I finished my complete street legal kit Im not sure how to upload videos but I will share once I find out. ill let my pics do the talking for this engineering idea I had. No one like to see wires and well im anal so now look at her
Attachments
flex.jpg
Add description
hood.jpg
Add description
hood 2.jpg
Add description
hood 1.jpg
Add description
 #11988  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am
Man this sounds like. Lincoln commercial. So do not mistake his tranquility for weakness all Voice over style.

Looks great. Your a credit to the hobby. Why was I expecting to see a winch tho? I like the big tires, I’m just going for a different end result. Speed. I could get 25 tires on my rims for the same money. With large side by sides around I see the desire to go big. I compare mine to a big kart more than a small side by side. The 4x156 would be great for a bead lock wheel swap with 14” and that truck style low profile all terrain type tread similar to the utv class wheels. That’s how I would go big. If Travis gets those universal hubs, I may just have 2 sets of wheels. Street and trail. Lol

Keep it coming. I will be there soon enough. It will be finished before school is out or I’ll never hear the end of it from my daughter. I just won’t have front brakes. And my wiring will be poor in comparison. Mine will ride more than than a short video because it will be right not right now.
 #11991  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am
Man this sounds like. Lincoln commercial. So do not mistake his tranquility for weakness all Voice over style.

Looks great. Your a credit to the hobby. Why was I expecting to see a winch tho? I like the big tires, I’m just going for a different end result. Speed. I could get 25 tires on my rims for the same money. With large side by sides around I see the desire to go big. I compare mine to a big kart more than a small side by side. The 4x156 would be great for a bead lock wheel swap with 14” and that truck style low profile all terrain type tread similar to the utv class wheels. That’s how I would go big. If Travis gets those universal hubs, I may just have 2 sets of wheels. Street and trail. Lol

Keep it coming. I will be there soon enough. It will be finished before school is out or I’ll never hear the end of it from my daughter. I just won’t have front brakes. And my wiring will be poor in comparison. Mine will ride more than than a short video because it will be right not right now.

Much appreciated on the aspects of my build to the industry. I would have to say I can get wheels and tires cheap lmao these are factor Polaris take offs rims I have a total of 60$ in and tires are off my atv. Hahahahah

the winch.... I installed the winch I got for my bday on my Polaris its from harbor freight 70$ now I wanted to see how it all worked before installing on my yerf.... Now the question is where to put it..... I just re did all of the wiring again on the yerf cause I continue to add accessory's is it possible defiantly is it practical well no not at this point cause I have no e brake to hold the buggy down while using it. I need to see if we all come up with a front bumper I don't want to jump the gun and ruin what looks bad ass at this point. I DO HAVE plans to add another winch to my unit.
 #11994  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am
Sportsman850 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 am
Hmmmm 4wd yerfdog....
I have thought of this aswell but....... the ebrake kit for the yerf is now discontinued and sure I could fab up a way to use my bake pedal locked down but I think that would just look stupid hahah.. im looking for the next thing lmao im about out of stuff to add its basically a RZR now hahah I do need to add 2 more speakers but that's hindsight. Let alone the $40 yoshimura exhaust clamp I just had to order hhah.
 #12024  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 am
I know your good for the winch. Might as well mount it. Your gonna want the new BDX Bulkhead when it comes out. Man- I gotta get busy. Your way ahead of me. I will catch up and come calling soon enough. Looking forward to it. We can YouTube real builds so people won’t have to watch garbage anymore. I may have 1 or 2 stock jocks join us on a 150 gts and dingdong Jaguar 169cc like the one posted here the other day. If they can. Should be a couple of good stock level comparisons. You should be there Travis-with something? At least a 🎥

1st ever BDX Buildoff! 2018 round 1
We got the bracket started....

You can try again in 2019 with efi :lol:

4wd is so impractical cost wise I’m surprised I didn’t do it. I really looked in to a hybrid build. 😮
Alas I could not find a pair of electric wheel hub motors for the front. But the alternated pto could eliminate massive batteries. Then I thought all hybrid gas generator electric motor 4 hub motors. That would be insane. Electric motors produce 100% torque at 0 rpm. Anyone heard of Tesla? Hmm maybe when I pay my next mortgage off

My VT as in a displaced Hokie?