• Shawn's 175cc Build thread with pics

• Show off your builds and upgrades here!
Show off your builds and upgrades here!
 #11862  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm
Update: 100th post aswell this weekend I spent like 10 hours redoing the entire electrical system! I added my Harley brake light which does work great off the factory brake switch! today ill be adding the horn then the turn signals to fallow!

as of this weekend I added the fuse box every switch is now fused also I added my ground bus bar to complete each individual circuit!
 #11868  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:05 pm
sounds great looking forward to the pics. I wanna see this 175cc in action. I’ll see if my buddy’s will bring their stock 150s to blow away haha I will make a day trip over when I get mine finished. I know of a few good ohv trails one near Talladega. Another south of Bham
 #11982  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am
Ok yall sorry a weekend of sheer buggy magic!!!! so while cheetah and sportsman have been messing with their builds Shawn has not stopped with some next level stuff! so this weekend I finished my complete street legal kit Im not sure how to upload videos but I will share once I find out. ill let my pics do the talking for this engineering idea I had. No one like to see wires and well im anal so now look at her
Attachments
flex.jpg
Add description
hood.jpg
Add description
hood 2.jpg
Add description
hood 1.jpg
Add description
 #11988  by CheethaSpeed
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am
Man this sounds like. Lincoln commercial. So do not mistake his tranquility for weakness all Voice over style.

Looks great. Your a credit to the hobby. Why was I expecting to see a winch tho? I like the big tires, I’m just going for a different end result. Speed. I could get 25 tires on my rims for the same money. With large side by sides around I see the desire to go big. I compare mine to a big kart more than a small side by side. The 4x156 would be great for a bead lock wheel swap with 14” and that truck style low profile all terrain type tread similar to the utv class wheels. That’s how I would go big. If Travis gets those universal hubs, I may just have 2 sets of wheels. Street and trail. Lol

Keep it coming. I will be there soon enough. It will be finished before school is out or I’ll never hear the end of it from my daughter. I just won’t have front brakes. And my wiring will be poor in comparison. Mine will ride more than than a short video because it will be right not right now.
 #11991  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am
CheethaSpeed wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:37 am
Man this sounds like. Lincoln commercial. So do not mistake his tranquility for weakness all Voice over style.

Looks great. Your a credit to the hobby. Why was I expecting to see a winch tho? I like the big tires, I’m just going for a different end result. Speed. I could get 25 tires on my rims for the same money. With large side by sides around I see the desire to go big. I compare mine to a big kart more than a small side by side. The 4x156 would be great for a bead lock wheel swap with 14” and that truck style low profile all terrain type tread similar to the utv class wheels. That’s how I would go big. If Travis gets those universal hubs, I may just have 2 sets of wheels. Street and trail. Lol

Keep it coming. I will be there soon enough. It will be finished before school is out or I’ll never hear the end of it from my daughter. I just won’t have front brakes. And my wiring will be poor in comparison. Mine will ride more than than a short video because it will be right not right now.

Much appreciated on the aspects of my build to the industry. I would have to say I can get wheels and tires cheap lmao these are factor Polaris take offs rims I have a total of 60$ in and tires are off my atv. Hahahahah

the winch.... I installed the winch I got for my bday on my Polaris its from harbor freight 70$ now I wanted to see how it all worked before installing on my yerf.... Now the question is where to put it..... I just re did all of the wiring again on the yerf cause I continue to add accessory's is it possible defiantly is it practical well no not at this point cause I have no e brake to hold the buggy down while using it. I need to see if we all come up with a front bumper I don't want to jump the gun and ruin what looks bad ass at this point. I DO HAVE plans to add another winch to my unit.
 #11994  by myvt365
 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am
Sportsman850 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 am
Hmmmm 4wd yerfdog....
I have thought of this aswell but....... the ebrake kit for the yerf is now discontinued and sure I could fab up a way to use my bake pedal locked down but I think that would just look stupid hahah.. im looking for the next thing lmao im about out of stuff to add its basically a RZR now hahah I do need to add 2 more speakers but that's hindsight. Let alone the $40 yoshimura exhaust clamp I just had to order hhah.
 #12024  by CheethaSpeed
 Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 am
I know your good for the winch. Might as well mount it. Your gonna want the new BDX Bulkhead when it comes out. Man- I gotta get busy. Your way ahead of me. I will catch up and come calling soon enough. Looking forward to it. We can YouTube real builds so people won’t have to watch garbage anymore. I may have 1 or 2 stock jocks join us on a 150 gts and dingdong Jaguar 169cc like the one posted here the other day. If they can. Should be a couple of good stock level comparisons. You should be there Travis-with something? At least a 🎥

1st ever BDX Buildoff! 2018 round 1
We got the bracket started....

You can try again in 2019 with efi :lol:

4wd is so impractical cost wise I’m surprised I didn’t do it. I really looked in to a hybrid build. 😮
Alas I could not find a pair of electric wheel hub motors for the front. But the alternated pto could eliminate massive batteries. Then I thought all hybrid gas generator electric motor 4 hub motors. That would be insane. Electric motors produce 100% torque at 0 rpm. Anyone heard of Tesla? Hmm maybe when I pay my next mortgage off

My VT as in a displaced Hokie?