• The giant of mini buggies?.

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #9102  by Timberwolf35546
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 am
I've been scouring these forums looking for potential problems and mods for my yerf.. Then I decided to check out the Dazon raider.. I'm pretty sure since it started production in 08 that you guys have heard of the 1100cc extreme.. I was like :censored: I'd beat someone down to get one (a big undertaking since I'm a small built guy).. I read a post from a dealer in Mexico who did a rally with one and did well.. Does anyone on here know anything more, price/dealers etc.. I really really want one.. It would be awesome to have one parked next to my yerf.. They have a similar top bar line so it looks like a 3206 on steroids and speed... :twisted:
 #9103  by PGH
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 am
Dazon was purchased by Tank and then Tank closed shop in the US. You can still see them for import into Europe but will have a hard time finding parts in the US for anything Dazon specific (there's no BuggyDepot equivalent for the Dazons).

Joyner was importing a 1600cc until 2007 and also had an Ecotech 2.0 and LS2 in its larger buggies. Since 2009 Joyner has had trouble with its distribution in the US. TeamJoyner was also bought by a company that went bankrupt after the sale. Joyner is trying to make a comeback but has had two mis-starts in its attempts.

Roketa and BMS sell 1000cc and 1100cc buggies in the US. Right now BMS has the best parts support for the larger platforms and even has some interesting 400cc offerings.
 #9105  by Timberwolf35546
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:33 pm
Awesome info!! :thumbsup: I saw the notice on the tank website, but had no idea they weren't bought out.. If I had known how much work and money I'd have to put in my yerf, I would have just bought a BD buggy.. After 3 un/reinstalls of my new BD motor I have come to find out that all my electrics on the plate are dry rotted or broken. :cry: And after that I noticed there were no exhaust flange studs or valve cover breather tube on the new motor... :x I thought I had bolts to use for the exhaust, but I don't... And I got the vcb off the old howhit valve cover and tapped in.. I am wondering about the little white rectangle with 2 plugs clipped in the electrics plate is... It's not on the store site.. It is dry rotted too :(
 #9106  by PGH
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:38 pm
That is the current limiting resistor for your choke. It runs off the return lead of the choke through the resistor to ground.
 #9107  by Timberwolf35546
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm
Is there any way that it could go out? Where can I get one if so? I'm desperate to get this buggy going.. This is my first buggy and I am learning there is a whole lot more that can go wrong than I thought..
 #9108  by PGH
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:23 pm
 #9113  by Timberwolf35546
 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:16 pm
Thanks you're awesome!! :clap: :thumbsup: