• STAGE 2 Electrical Package [11-Pole Kit - Plug & Play]

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #8957  by JES
 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:47 pm
I recently purchased this STAGE 2 kit and after reading the technical guidance, I had no problem removing the old 6-pole stator and installing the new 11-pole stator.

My question concerns the new STAGE 2 Plug & Play Harness Adapter Kit and the High-Output Rectifier/Regulator Upgrade.

After I connected the wires that come off the 11-pole stator to the appropriate plugs/wires on my Yerf Dog 3206, I then connected the Plug & Play Harness to the High-Output Rectifier/Regulator. However, I don't see where I should connect the remaining Plug & Play Harness connectors/wires. The only open connector on my 3206 is the old Rectifier/Regulator connector, and the Plug & Play Harness still has 3 unused connectors and one unused wire remaining.

I'm able to plug one of the Plug & Play connectors into the open old Rectifier/Regulator connector, but it's not an exact match with regard to the locking clips on the two connectors.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate the assistance.
Last edited by JES on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #8958  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm
Hey Jes,
The new Plug-in adapter bypasses the original harness in terms of the charging circuit. Here is how to install the adapter:

1. Plug the stator into the small 4-pin plug on the adapter.
2. Plug the Rectifier/Regulator into the adapter.
3. Plug the choke into the 2-pin connector, and plug the spade connector into the choke resister (replacing the wire opposite to ground)
4. Plug the last connector into where the rectifier used to connect.

Hope this helps!
 #8960  by JES
 Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 am
Travis,

Thank you. Your directions were spot-on and it works like a champ! 8)
 #8964  by JES
 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:17 am
Travis,

After being able to spend more time with it I noticed that the new Plug and Play harness does not power the lights.

I unplugged the lights before I installed the new kit because the technical guidance said that you would need to install an On/Off switch with the 11-pole Stator (which I still need to do).

My question is do I splice into the Yellow/Red wire on the original rectifier connector to provide power to my lights or is there a different/preferred splice location?

Thank you again,

JES
 #8974  by JES
 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 pm
Travis,

As mentioned above, where is the preferred splice location to enable the lighting circuit on the Yerf Dog GX-150?

Thank you for the assistance.

JES
 #8975  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 pm
Hey JES,
I just double checked our diagrams and you're absolutely right. It looks like we made a little oversight and didn't jumper over the red/black to the adjacent pin of the #4 connector. So you've got everything powered but no headlights.

On your engine harness, the red wire from the original rectifier plug will provide power to the lights. Please splice or jumper the red wire over to the yellow/red on the rectifier. This will give you constant 12v power and a toggle switch will need to be installed between this junction and the head lights.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Travis