• Wiring

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #6040  by learning
 Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:35 pm
Yerf Dog 3206 Help, I bought a new engine and installed it. It ran for a day, and then I saw the brake lights would not go off. I pulled the wires out and they went of. I then saw that they have to touch to start the kart. I just touched the wires together and the lights came on and it started. I twisted them together and it ran for about 30 minutes and then died. The brake lights no longer worked. While trying to diagnose the problem, I found a two stranned copper wire with clear insulation lying on my engine that was not plugged into anything. I traced it back to the on/off switch, so hopefully this is the problem. I just cant figure out where this wire should plug in. Thanks for any info.
 #6044  by PGH
 Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:58 am
Brake lights are not standard on the Yerf-Dogs. If you did not wire it in , the previous owner did. Download the service manual and trace the wiring to see where the changes were made.

http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/d238a4b9-fa ... on=forceDL
 #6048  by learning
 Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm
After tracing the wires around, I found that the clear two strand wire comes from one of the three connection to the on/off switch. If I understand the schematics correctly, I think this show just tie into the ground off the battery. I connected it to the ground, but it did not help. I am wondering if I shorted something out by bypassing the brake safety swith and connecting the wires together. Maybe they hit metal while riding. The fuse is good. What else could be the problem, or where should this clear wire from the on/off switch be if not grounded. Thanks
 #6050  by PGH
 Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 am
Someone rewired your Yerf with speaker wire. You will need to trace out the wires with the electrical diagram in the service manual. Report back any deviations from stock wiring and we can start troubleshooting. Until we find out what was changed from stock, troubleshooting will be haphazard at best.
 #9756  by Adamgarcia
 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am
PGH wrote:Someone rewired your Yerf with buy speakers wire. You will need to trace out the wires with the electrical diagram in the service manual. Report back any deviations from stock wiring and we can start troubleshooting. Until we find out what was changed from stock, troubleshooting will be haphazard at best.
Hello guys can you help in installation of front end speakers of ford car. Just brought aftermarket speakers but unaware about installation process. Waiting for reply
Last edited by Adamgarcia on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #9757  by PGH
 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 am
You're installing this on buggy?