• Kandi KD-150GKA-2 - Re-Assembly Help. I need help guys.

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10563  by billyNOTnice
 Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 pm
First, Hello. I'm brand new here, and I hope that I'm in the right place. If i'm not or you have a good site that you could direct me to, that would be so helpful. I recently purchased this buggy from a guy who lied to me and misrepresented the buggy size (150cc, not 250cc as stated) and the engine condition is deplorable. That being said, i'm still dedicated to the cause or getting this thing on the road. The engine had many bolts missing a hodge podge of components in a box that he said were just assorted extra's he threw in. Through Google, and Youtube I managed to piece this thing back together to the best of my ability. I had to order a complete new engine harness, 2 new front wheels and tires (The wheels he gave me didn't even fit on the buggy), a CVT clutch, exhaust gasket and stud kit, and a battery among other things. I'm at a point now where i have it all back together, but my electronics are in completely unknown working condition. I was really hoping to find someone on here with one that I could use for a reference. I'm going to list some questions below that I'd like to have answered if any of you guys can help me. Click the photo Album link below for pictures to help with my questions.

https://goo.gl/photos/ay6zTwhPujqQhcaj7

1. On my harness I have a single black wire with a eyelet at the end that I do not know where it goes.

2. I have a single red wire as well with an eyelet that I believe goes to the battery positive side of the solenoid? I have it hooked that way. I'm assuming it's my key and tumbler HOT.

3. I have power running across my key ignition, it sends it back to my Starter Relay/solenoid, but the motor will not crank. I can jump power across the solenoid, and it will turn over that way. I have 4 solenoids in my mystery box that I tried (all could be bad i suppose) but non do anything. I hooked them up different ways too just to be sure i wasn't backwards.

4. I have no spark. I have no idea if my CDI works. I think this buggy is a DC buggy? I have 2 CDI, a bigger one and a smaller one, both that plug into my harness. I tried the smaller one after no luck with the bigger one, but it had damage to it, and i hooked it up and it went up in smoke for what I believe was the second time.

5. My stator ( god i hope it's the right one, I didn't believe I should have to check it when I had the motor out. It has a green plug, and a single blue/white wire, and a single red wire as well. I have no idea where that single red wire is supposed to hook into. My harness only has a plug end for the blue wire. (could that red wire go to my single red wire i'm not sure of on my harness by chance?

6. The ignition coil that I have is not long enough to reach from where it's supposed to mount on the electrical box to the spark plug hole. I managed to make it reach for starting purposes only. I do not know if it is good, but i'll need a new and proper one either way. does that coil need grounded? I do not have a screw through it mounting it anywhere.

7. My rectifier.. I have no idea where it mounts. I assume in the electrical box? It has screw holes, but i see no place to lock it down.

8. I've cranked it, and i've got fuel in the filter, but no fuel on the plug after quite a bit of cranking. I don't know if that would be normal if my electronics on my carb are not getting power. I'm unsure. I have 3 carbs that came with the thing in the box. this one looked new and I thought it was the one i needed. I tore it apart and looked at it. It looks good to me, but what do i know.

9... Thank you all. I'm losing my mind trying to get this thing running. My boy is really looking forward to a ride with dad.. If I can pull this off. Here is the LINK to my shared Album of what i'm working with. Thank you!
 #10564  by billyNOTnice
 Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:29 pm
I should also mention that YES, I noticed the plug for the gear oil was missing, and I replaced it and drained and refilled it with AMSOIL 75w90 Synthetic. I corrected the backwards mount. drained and filled the motor with 15w40 which was what i read it took from the manual that I printed out for this buggy which i found online. Please feel free to point out whatever crazy things you see in my pictures that look wrong and I should address. Yes I bought a belt that is actually supposed to be for this motor. This entire thing looks like a small child tore it apart and tried to put it back together blind folded. I've really got my fingers crossed that it's going to run. Thanks again in advance guys.
 #10571  by PGH
 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 am
1. The black wire is ground and should be attached to the engine case.

2. The red wire can be attached to the supply side of the solenoid or directly to the positive battery post.

3. The control side of the solenoid requires a ground and power to complete the relay circuit. If your key switch is providing power, the other end should be grounded.

4. Your CDI power is determined by the wire harness you purchased. If it uses the red/black wire off the stator, it is providing AC power. If it provides key switched battery power, it is DC. You must use the correct type CDI and may not be able to tell by size or connector.

5. The blue/white wire is your trigger for your ignition. It is a magnetic pickup that senses the external flywheel magnet. If you change out the stator, it must have the same number of poles as previous or you you must change out to a matching flywheel.

6. One lug of the coil goes to ground and the other goes to the CDI. It is usually bolted to the engine case or frame.

7. The rectifier should be bolted to the frame for proper grounding.

8. The petcock off your tank either has a vacuum activated valve or manual one. Which do you have?
 #10572  by billyNOTnice
 Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:51 pm
PGH wrote:1. The black wire is ground and should be attached to the engine case.

2. The red wire can be attached to the supply side of the solenoid or directly to the positive battery post.

3. The control side of the solenoid requires a ground and power to complete the relay circuit. If your key switch is providing power, the other end should be grounded.

4. Your CDI power is determined by the wire harness you purchased. If it uses the red/black wire off the stator, it is providing AC power. If it provides key switched battery power, it is DC. You must use the correct type CDI and may not be able to tell by size or connector.

5. The blue/white wire is your trigger for your ignition. It is a magnetic pickup that senses the external flywheel magnet. If you change out the stator, it must have the same number of poles as previous or you you must change out to a matching flywheel.

6. One lug of the coil goes to ground and the other goes to the CDI. It is usually bolted to the engine case or frame.

7. The rectifier should be bolted to the frame for proper grounding.

8. The petcock off your tank either has a vacuum activated valve or manual one. Which do you have?

I'm not sure I follow #3. I have one side with the battery power connected to it and the other side to the starter.. Or I assume you mean the way it's plugged in? I have it plugged into my main harness. Though i have two plugs that fit into that plug. I've switched them twice. still trying to figure out what way they go.

I ordered another DC CDI by the way and Ignition coil just to be sure that's not my problem. I do need to properly ground the Rectifier as it is not.

I managed to get the thing started and run for a few seconds but it quickly shuts off. I've tore the carb apart completely and it's clean. I don't know why my issue is short of spark or just plain ignorance. My Petcock is Vacuum. I have no partition on my harness for the Red wire that is coming from my Stator.

I'm still trying to iron out why i can't get it to start with the key switch. It's a 3 position. i've swapped it all around. I'm obviously overlooking something. but i'm still looking. Thank you so much for your reply. it's so much appreciated. My parts should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post more info then.
 #10573  by billyNOTnice
 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:11 pm
I received my Coil and CDI today. I noticed right away when i plugged my CDI in that I could hear a slight hum that wasn't present before. The buggy fired right up first turn. I sorta stood there dumbfounded that it actually ran. So I strapped the car battery to the back of it with a ratchet strap and with vice grips in place holding all my grounds together I took it slowly out of the garage. It moves forward and backwards... I think I'm in good shape! My shifter needs adjusted, but I already attempted that and I think the cable might be kinda junk as i couldn't find a sweet spot that allowed it to shift crisply into the 3 positions. That being said I still have problems.

1. My key Ignition to Coil still doesn't work. I tested the 3 positon, 1 - Red, 2 - Red/White, 3 Red/Yellow to starter solenoid. When I hit position 3 i get power to the solenoid, but Nothing happens. I can jump it to start it which i've been doing, but It feels odd that i have what looks like newish starter solenoids and they don't work. None of the 4.

2. My F/N/R gauge does not even light up. I'm not sure if it's broken, or that It's not working for the same reason my solenoid isn't... because i have something messed up.

3. Miscellaneous lights need fixed and replaced, they're all busted up like someone drove this thing through picket fence...

4. The steering appears to turn far one direction and not so much the other direction. (the tie rod ends are shot as well) Do you have any recommendation for aligning this thing better? I'll search that on YouTube, but i'm just posting off of the top of my head right now.

5. Should I have another ground cable going to the Chassis for a ground? Currently only have one ground going from the battery to the side of the engine where I found a spot to attach it.

6. Should my brake pedal be really stiff? I think the brakes could be bled, so i'll do that, but you have to press them really hard to make the lights come on and I'm not exactly sure how well the brakes work since I haven't went and ripped on it yet. I'll know more tomorrow.
 #10574  by billyNOTnice
 Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:39 pm
I know I'm pretty much talking to myself here, but since people may come here looking for info on these Go-Karts, I figured i'll keep posting.

So here's where i'm at. I'm considering replacing my buggy lights. the two up top and the two on the dash area. Does anybody have experience with LED lights off ebay? like the square Cree 18w lights? Will the stator be able to handle them?

I'm having massive amounts of pressure coming out of my valve cover while driving. It seems to get worse as it gets hot. That being said, I did a compression test and i'm at about 62psi :(. The buggy runs good though, no crazy idle or driving. I hooked up my leakdown tester to see where it was coming from, but i couldn't determine where it was leaking with the motor in the dune buggy since the head is up behind the seats. I adjusted the valves to .005 and retested and got the same exact results. I also put a teaspoon of 15w40 in the plug hole and retested a minute or two later and there wasn't any change at all. So I don't know what to do about that. I might not do anything. I've been having a lot of fun with this thing though.

I'm not completely sure that my stator is charging the buggy. I'll need to investigate how to test it.

Thanks guys.