• Oil capacity

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10550  by bcrane112
 Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:52 pm
I have a Baja reaction 150 and even in my manual it says to fill with .9qt. of 10w-30. However the dipstick registers full with almost a half quart. Now I have been pulling the plug and the filter screen plug when changing oil so it's not that! So what's the deal, do I ignore the dipstick? Do I only put a half quart in? Do I have the wrong dipstick? Do I possibly have a blockage not letting me drain the oil completely? Not exactly wanting to grenade the motor here so I need advice. Thanks in advance
 #10557  by PGH
 Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:10 am
Oil level should be checked with the dip stick sitting on the threads but not screwed down. This will give you false readings if you are tightening it down when checking. If the buggy engine is not level when you check oil, it will also be off.
 #10559  by bcrane112
 Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:21 pm
Hey thanks, I never have heard of not screwing it down but thank you. And I shouldn't have asked a question like that and left anything to assumption but it is on level found in the garage.