• Ignition / start Flip / Flop wiring

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10533  by NCFRC
 Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:04 am
We have a 2007 SunL 150 that uses a Flip / Flop circuit to both power the ignition and the shut off the engine.

The problem is that this system works very intermittent.

It will always shut it off but half the time it wont start .

It cranks over strong and is getting plenty of power there.

The key switch had been replaced with a on/ off toggle switch and a start button when we got it.

I have replaced the toggle switch with a good quality one and cleaned / soldered all the wire terminals,, but that didn't help.

It seems to start better by hitting the start button first and then after a few cranks flipping the toggle switch on.

Thanks for any feedback :)
 #10536  by NCFRC
 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm
I'm sure someone has had experience with this.
 #10539  by NCFRC
 Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:05 pm
Related to this buggy so I'll post it ,,,,,, Pulled the valve cover and adjusted the valves.
Both were tight and it made a very noticeable difference in power afterwards,

Still have the intermittent NO start when cold,,, ordered a new CDI
 #10561  by NCFRC
 Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:33 pm
Not 100% sure how the flip / flop circuit works but the new CDI unit fixed the no start and it fires rt. up every :clap: time.

I picked one up w/o rev limiter and has a more advanced ignition timing curve. I like it so much that I ordered a 2nd one to put in my tool box.