• 150cc carbide died

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10499  by Jlmac27
 Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:59 am
Hello everyone,
I have a 150cc carbide buggy and to make a long story short the kids were driving it and it died.I put a new solenoid and starter on it and it was fine for about 2 hours of riding,then it did the same thing,it just quit running again.I noticed my ignition wouldn't kick the key back automatically once started.So I ordered a new ignition switch and solenoid.I turn the key and get nothing,not even a click.Where should I start with this?your help will be greatly appreciated,these boys want this thing running again and I'm at a lose lol...thanks
 #10501  by PGH
 Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:49 pm
Did you check your connections at battery, solenoid, starter and grounds?

Did you check continuity of wires to your switch?

Are the switch contacts correctly wired?
 #10502  by Jlmac27
 Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 am
Thank you for your reply,
I'm not sure what happened.I know the battery needs replaced but I could swear I had it charged when trying to get it going.But a few days ago it started up with no hesitation.But I have had to charge the battery over night for the next day for it to start.So I'm going to get a battery thus weekend.