• Engine trying to crank when battery connected

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10448  by baldncane
 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:17 pm
So, I just replaced the CDI, Solenoid, Coil, and plug on my Crossfire 150. As soon as I connect the battery, the motor continually tries to crank with no input from key/kill switch. In fact, neither will stop it from trying to crank. I have bypassed the brake switch because it was misbehaving years ago and this solved the problem at the time. Have I possibly made a mistake in connecting everything? Any help would be appreciated!

Ben
 #10449  by baldncane
 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Actually, after letting it all sit for a minute, I go back out to the shop and reconnect the battery and what do you know, it now fires up and turns off with the key. So it appears this is resolved, though I'm not entirely sure why. Gremlins!
 #10451  by PGH
 Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:11 am
Your solenoid was stuck on the start contact.
 #10535  by NCFRC
 Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:17 pm
Is it just me or are these Chinese buggys plaged with much more electrical issues than mechanical ones ?????