• Baja Reaction 150. fuel trouble?

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10447  by Old Kid
 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm
I bought a Baja Reaction 150 used. ran great for a week of hard riding. then started sputtering/popping when I gave it gas, gets worse when engine warms up, but idled and stared fine. I read problems with petcock. so I cleaned it out and blew out vent lines/vacuum lines. there was a lot of junk in petcock. presto ran like it was fuel injected very nice. After some hours of riding problem started back up. I pulled petcock and cleaned again, this time no improvement. Used a standard o ring from hardware store in petcock. so i cleaned carb, it was new. guy i got cart from replaced old carb with new one. but i didn't have o-ring for electric enricher. I got o ring at store and it would barely fit in. put little grease on ring and got it to go in. carts not running good now. starts out ok, but still with the sputtering/popping when I gave it gas, gets worse when engine warms up.. I think its electric enricher, or petcock or coil? I do my own work on toys but getting frustrated and considering taking it to main street cycles. but I can really afford shop rates.. Please help me get my favorite toy back in action again.
 #10450  by PGH
 Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 am
Are you running a fuel filter after the petcock? Either the filter or carburetor jets are clogged.
 #10452  by Old Kid
 Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:27 am
fuel filter is very clean and gas is running nicely down to carb. i took carb apart and cleaned two jets. everything looked like new. guy i got it from put new carb on.
 #10552  by bcrane112
 Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:20 am
Sounds like an auto choke issue. Those are problematic be sells the manual replacement, you should look into it.