• flooding carb

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #10396  by kfolks
 Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:33 pm
Need help, installed new carb and it starts up and runs good but after a few minutes the overflow tube on the carb starts to pour gas out of it. Also after it runs for a few minutes and you shut it off it is hard to restart, I have to fully press the gas down and hold it there for it to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated
 #10397  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:08 am
The float valve is likely stuck open on the new carburetor. It's possible that debris from the tank is lodged in the float valve, but if the tank and lines are clean then the carburetor itself may be defective.

If you purchased the carburetor from us and it does turn out to be defective, it's eligible for service or exchange under warranty at no cost to you. Contact us with your order number and we'll get the ball rolling.
 #10398  by kfolks
 Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:42 am
Thank you for the information. I will check that when I get home today
 #10534  by NCFRC
 Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:09 am
I know the initial question has been answered but why are all these GYC 150 carb mounts tipped down towards the intake ??

I'm used to working on motorcycle float style carbs that sit fairly level.

I'd like a longer intake but only if it would mount the carb level.