• Timberwolf35546

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #9047  by Timberwolf35546
 Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 pm
Hello everyone... Dont have much to say other than hello from Alabama, and I will post pics when I get my parts in... :bandit:
 #9049  by PGH
 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 pm
Welcome. What kind of buggy do you have? Any modifications?
 #9056  by Timberwolf35546
 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 am
Yerfdog 3206.. Nothing done as of yet other than 55w driving lights.. Ordered a motor, sprocket, hub kit, hd joints, trail hawk tire/rim combo. Waiting for them to come in..
 #9098  by Timberwolf35546
 Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:30 pm
I'm hoping to mod enough to earn the right to use my screen name... Im also hoping to get the tools to build custom buggies to sell.. Using BD's parts and the right tools I could build a sick mid engined, crawler type buggy with 4 wheel independent suspension.. :deal: I have lots of designs, just no outlet.. As of yet.. Lol :jester:
But as far as I've made it as of today.. I finally got the old howhit out and the new BD 150 in.. Rear trail hawks are mounted.. Waiting on the 39 tooth, the HD joints, hub kit, and wiring before I can really test to see if it'll handle my trails.. :twisted: And a side note for the higher ups in BD that might read this.. I have a design for a bolt on independent rear suspension for the gx150 that you guys could offer.. It could be easily adapted to work with other buggies..
 #9121  by Timberwolf35546
 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 am
Update on my buggy build... Recently had my identity stolen and used to setup a Hughes net account. :x Then a month later they defaulted and now I'm stuck with the letters and phone calls.. Also got stuck with the bill for $1000 for equipment and default fees.. So now I can't afford to order the electrics I need to finish my buggy.. If anyone has upgraded their ignition and electrics and kept the stock units.. I would greatly appreciate the donation.. I live below poverty level as it is and it seems my luck isn't soon to change.. My whole reason for building this buggy was to have a way to associate with my children in a fun and healthy environment.. But now without help I don't see it getting finished anytime soon.. Sorry to be such a whiny :censored: but what else can I do...
 #9175  by Timberwolf35546
 Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 pm
Wired my buggy up despite the need of a rectifier.. Engine turned 5x, stopped, and the solenoid buzzed away.. Now nothing.. :cry: I wondered if it was shipped with oil in it, because the starter sounded strained. I checked and theres a tiny bit on the tip of the dipstick.. What is the operating range on the dipstick? All in all i was extremely happy to hear it turn over.. Even if it didnt have the gas and rectifier to keep it running... :clap: for me and my first buggy build..
 #9177  by PGH
 Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:36 pm
Engines and transmissions usually do not ship with fluids.
 #9178  by Timberwolf35546
 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:02 pm
It might be just left over from testing.. Thanks PGH..