• We now carry 10hp 150cc GY6 engines with INTERNAL reverse!

November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
 #3649  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:14 pm
Yep, we now carry 10hp GY6 engines with an INTERNAL reverse gear. We're working on a kit to be able to adapt this engine to other buggies, starting with the Yerf Dog GX150. This engine is directly compatible with Yerf Dog CUV models.

With a price tag of $599 we think that this is a killer deal! Especially when you consider the standard pricing of a regular GY6 (without reverse and with small valves) is over $899 from some vendors!

Engine Spec:
Bore x Stroke: 57.4mm x 57.8mm
Displacement: 149.6cc
Peak Power: 10.05 HP @ 7500rpm
Peak Torque: 7.6 FT/LBS @ 6500rpm

Driver sprocket: 16T (can interchange with 13T GX150 sprocket)

http://www.buggydepot.com/store/index.p ... cts_id=285
Attachments
150ReverseEngine.jpg
150ReverseEngine.jpg (45.2 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
 #5079  by bertphillips
 Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:10 pm
Sir:

I recently purchased a new Cross Fire 150. I purchased it in the Republic of Panama, I am happy with the cart but it does not have reverse and not quite enough power. I am retired and live in the mountains on a farm and having trouble with some of the hills, I weigh 185 lbs and my wife weighs 135, the cart just wìll not make it up some of the hills.

I saw your add about the 150R and thought that might be the solution. also considered a smaller drive sprocket as speed is not important to me. I am almost sure I paid to much ($2.895.00) but thats ok. I am serious about purchasing the engine with the reverse and 10 HP. The problem is how do I get it to Panama, I am a US Citizen but the postal service is thru the American Embassy and will only allow me 16 ounces. how can I get it to Panama.

Your Crossfire 150 reverse kit sounds great but spending the extra money for the whole thing makes more sense to me.

So how do we get it shipped.