• Mysterious NO SPARK with noisy starter/flywheel sounds

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #13064  by marshallsw
 Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:18 am
Hello,
I've owned 5 scooters now, all but 2 are gone. My latest and greatest of the lot is my 2008 150cc Jonway yy150t-12 Zhenghai Shenke.
I bought it in pre-lemon condition. I've been working on it ever since. So, my Uncle and I were working on it and he noticed that the frame was twisted slightly to the point that the rear-end/tire was sitting lop-sided. So we applied heat and took an 8lb sledge to the motor mount to straighten it. Got it put back together and now when i press the start button, This starter engages and the flywheel/clutch begins to rotate but now a very loud CLICKING sound that resembles wacking something metal with a hammer. Also the flywheel will catch and stick during its rotation while making these noises. Though i did get it to run since the frame work, now during my last ride the spark plug and ignition coil shot out of the engine then stuck to the exhaust pipe. Now i have no spark and ive replaced everything except stator. Ibe checked everything with a voltometr, all checks out. Just won't start.