• Cranking, grinding and fire on DF200GKG

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #13706  by trailrider2005
 Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 pm
I have a dongfang df200GKG. During riding, was going threw some mud and had to reverse and go back forward. In the process, accidentally put in forward while revving and make some grinding noise(got what that does and all). Was the first time, so thought no big deal. I was going up the hill and had to reverse again to get running start. Summary, putting in gear made grinding noise and barely moved forward, reverse was ok. Then died and wouldn't start again. When cranking key, makes a grinding noise and wont fire. When did fire, die almost immediately. I might of tried starting to many times and fried starter, solenoid, ignition, I don't know. After returning home, tried starting and cranked but didn't fire, but loud grinding noise and nothing. Turned key off, back on and nothing. Not even cranking sound. I can do the repairs, but not the best at trouble shooting the issue. What could be wrong?