• 2003 yerf dog rover cuv won’t start

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.
November 2019 Forum Retirement
Due to lack of extra personal time (and too much spam), I'm retiring the forum and setting it to a read-only state. No new registrations or posts will be accepted as of 11/09/19. However, all information will stay up and searchable. If you spend a few minutes searching, you'll find the answers you're looking for. We may re-open the forum next spring.
Have a technical problem? Ask here.
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #13669  by Gmtech08
 Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:59 am
I got this 2003 yerf dog side by side on trade from a guy. It had a bad starter, but you could tap it a few times and it would start. It ran great for a few weeks, and we drove it an hour or so everyday. Then one day the started wouldn’t do anything. I took the starter off to make sure I ordered the right one. It was apart for about a week. Installed the new starter, and it cranked fine just wouldn’t start. Had no fire to the spark plug. Went ahead and ordered a cdi and ignition coil kit off line. Then a few days later everything came in, and I installed the new cdi box and new coil. It only had voltage at the ignition coil when first spun over and when you turn key off. Went back out a few days later and it started right up. I looked around and found a brown wire coming from ignition switch kinda burned. Repaired wire and it started again. Next day it started and we rode it for about an hour. We turned it off and started it about 4 times in that hour. Let it sit for about 2 hours, and it cranks but won’t start again. I’m at my wits end trying to figure it out and my 9 year old son wants something to ride lol.