• 175cc upgrade.

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #12940  by JasonB
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:06 am
I have a crossfire 150r with the 175cc motor. Am thinking about putting more money into this than I already have.
1) can the 175cc( buggy depot motor)be upgraded to the 185cc?
If so, any potential problems with that build?

2) how more power do you think I would get with the 4 valve head? I know I wont get the neccessary power for how much it cost, but have been really thinking about it for the last 2 months.

3) With these 2 upgrades, what should I expect to have to replace/upgrade in addition?
Ty, Jason.
 #12945  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:31 pm
JasonB wrote:
1) can the 175cc( buggy depot motor)be upgraded to the 185cc?
If so, any potential problems with that build?
The 175cc can absolutely be upgraded to the 184cc. There are no problems going from 175 to 184.
JasonB wrote:
2) how more power do you think I would get with the 4 valve head? I know I wont get the neccessary power for how much it cost, but have been really thinking about it for the last 2 months.
We're going to placing an order for 4-valve heads soon. I have the 184 strokers dialed in on power and reliability really well at this point, so I'm not eager to change variables like the head and have to start over with testing again. But if there's more power to be had reliably out of 4v on the 184, I'll make the necessary design changes to the package and start offering it. It'll be a long process though.

Although, my gut tells me that it's not going to be a huge difference for the amount that it would increase the engine price. I think the 184 2-valve will continue to be the better value.
JasonB wrote:
With these 2 upgrades, what should I expect to have to replace/upgrade in addition?
Nothing, it's exactly the same on the outside so it'll bolt in just the same way you have it now.