• Dead Start Occassionaly

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #12382  by Doug Ryland
 Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:54 pm
My Yerf Dog Spider Box occasionally seems to go dead and nothing happens when start button is pushed. When this happens and I jump it, it fires right off and then if you turn it off and then turn it back on and hit the start button it fires right off. This has only happened after it has set for awhile (maybe over night and sometimes for only a few hours). I’m wondering if my starter is starting to go bad?
 #12394  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm
Doug Ryland wrote:When this happens and I jump it, it fires right off and then if you turn it off and then turn it back on and hit the start button it fires right off.?
Can you give a bit more detail on how you're jumping it? Jumping across the solenoid, or jumping from an external power source like a car or jumpbox?

If you haven't already, I'd start by taking a look at the brake safety interlock switch. To test it, you can bypass the switch by connecting the bullet leads together in the harness. Let me know what you find.
 #12399  by Doug Ryland
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm
I am using a jump box to jump it at the battery. It hasn't done this again since my last post and your reply so I haven't had an opportunity to check anything else yet. I am a little confused by the term brake safety interlock switch. I have a keyed switch; which is called out as brake switch in schematic I have; and if there is a problem with this switch I can see how it may be the problem, but not sure why it doesn't seem to be a problem after jump starting it. I assume what you are suggesting is to disconnect the wires to the switch and tie them together and see if it will start before jumping it at the battery.