• I need help, jetting and cdi questions

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #12313  by Df200gka
 Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey,
So first off I have a dongfang jaguar 200. It had alot of power but not much low end at all. So I got excited and order some part. I got a 38 mm air intake, a pack of jets, an orange coil, high performance cdi, spark plug and an exhaust. So I started with the air filter, then I went to put a bigger main jet in. I had to deal with tapper prof stuff but oh well. My main was an 85, I put a 130 in then learned of the air fuel mixture screw. I put the carb back on and then did spark plug, cdi and coil wire. Then last I did the exhaust. I tried to start it then it backfired, frying the cdi some how and blowing the baffel out. After tunimg it to run and drive, with the stock cdi. Ive only knowticed that I have more torque at my low end but my high end didnt change at all. I thought that changing the main jet would of increased acceleration to top speed or maybe alittle higher top speed. But nothing. So do I need to go with a bigger main jet?? And the smell of the exhaust fuems kinda make me feel like it is even idling lean. I think Im at 4 full turns out now on the air mixture screw. Any ideas or advice or experience is much appreciated guys, thanks