• Buggy Depot Engine Wiring Harness

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #12268  by Doug Ryland
 Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 pm
Since the wiring on my buggy was quite bad when I ordered the new wiring harness some of it was a little difficult to follow, but I am pretty sure I have everything hooked up correctly except for the black and yellow wires with bullet connectors. I am pretty sure the black wire is intended to be a ground to the engine, but not at all sure about the yellow. Can you please give me some direction here.
 #12271  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 am
Do you have a Yerf Dog, or a Crossfire?

In either case, the black and yellow bullet connectors can be left unconnected if you choose. They are for the running tail light of the CF150. If you have the Yerf, those hookups can be used to install your own tail light.

Here is the install guide image from the product listing that covers the rest of the connections:

#12273  by Doug Ryland
 Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am
Thanks, I have a Yerf Dog.
I had the harness diagram but the black and yellow wire weren’t shown on it. I don’t have a direct ground from the harness to the engine. Should I have one.
 #12274  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 am
Doug Ryland wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am
I don’t have a direct ground from the harness to the engine. Should I have one.
There is a factory ground strap about 4" long that jumps between the rectifier bolt, and a CVT cover bolt. That's your main ground. If yours is missing, you'll want to make a new one with ring terminals for a solid connection. I don't recommend using the bullet connection as the main ground for the harness.